Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Pharmaceutical Technologist in Nyandarua County.
The Pharmaceutical Technologist is responsible for the management of the pharmacy and related equipment, making sure that all required drugs are available and issued in the correct doses/ courses to the patients.
- Ensure complete documentation of all pharmacy records and reporting tools
- Verify prescriptions for accuracy and suitability to ensure rational dispensation and prescribing
- Complete the expiry chart accurately and in a timely manner for proper monitoring of drugs
- Participate in implementing national clinical guidelines on drugs use and pharmacy standard operating procedures
- Provide comprehensive and accurate drug information to patients and health care workers
- Implement procedures and guidelines on forecasting, quantification, storage, commodity management and inventory management in line with required standards
- Maintain accurately the pharmacy database keeping up to date.
- Ensure that the pharmacy SOPs are well utilized
- Work with the comprehensive care team to observe and comply with environmental and occupational safety measures and regulations
- Participate in implementation of quality control and quality assurance program with the comprehensive care team
- Assist in identifying and reporting on suspected adverse drug reactions and poor-quality products to PPB
- Prepare the weekly, monthly and annual reports for the pharmacy
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs) to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient-level outcomes
- Participation and contribution to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, mentorship, sensitization and updates
- Support implementation of differentiated care
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
For appointment to the post of Pharmaceutical Technologist, a candidate must;
- Have a Basic Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Have a valid License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title: CHS INSTITUTE/HR/PHARM TECH/001/2021 by 5.00 PM January 27, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.