Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Jacaranda Health aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided in East Africa. We are working with over 200 government hospitals to improve outcomes for moms and babies in the public sector. We have built a world-class team, developed critical partnerships and support within Kenya, and sparked the interest of the global maternal health community. We have won global and local recognition for our model, including from the Center for Health Market Innovations, Innovations in Healthcare and CIO100 EA Health Sector Award
Responsibilities and Objectives
Jacaranda Health has a compelling story of success, our operations team in Kenya has generated remarkable innovations in maternal health, and our team is passionate about our work. The Communications Manager will help Jacaranda synthesize what we are learning and work with other players in the global health landscape to expand our influence. We seek someone who is a consummate consultant and communicator, who wants to apply those talents to shape global health. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop content that inspires replication, and influences global partners, funders, Kenyan government officials, and key strategic stakeholders e.g. Nursing Council of Kenya, Midwives Association of Kenya and many others
- Collaborate closely with the Government Partnerships team to understand their priorities and goals, and craft effective political/campaign messaging based on needs at both county and national levels
- Identify, collaborate and manage various communication service providers and outside agencies to develop and execute media plans that advance the thought leadership strategy and positioning; develop and cultivate strategic relationships with reporters and other media contacts both locally and in the global maternal health and innovation space
- Stay abreast of key issues and trends in the news and influential media sites, and develop strategy and response accordingly
- Create rapid-response materials and backgrounders; circulate key messaging and narratives customized to different audiences
- Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media
- Develop and executive social media activities across multiple channels
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Jacaranda Health website
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy
- Help manage and drive events and campaign rollouts for program teams
- Identify and research media outlets, producers, editors, and reporters receptive to Jacaranda Health’s messaging
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills
- Pitch television, radio, print, and online media and secure stories for placement
- Working closely with both the US and Kenya teams to prepare and disseminate content globally
- Other projects as assigned
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude, ability to work independently to produce high quality work products, and manage multiple clients and projects
- 5-7 years of relevant communications and digital experience
- Proven experience with communications research and strategy; media relations; developing content for various audiences; digital engagement best practices
- Experience with NGO communications and global health media and innovations platforms is highly preferred. (candidates who do not have this experience will not be competitive)
- Passionate about improving lives for moms and babies
- Strong knowledge of global (and preferably maternal) health content media outlets
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity – ability to work remotely against deadlines.
- Flexible and easy-going enough to work with a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary team in Nairobi
- Proven analytical ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, and inspire confidence in a wide variety of audiences
- Passion for storytelling, and strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- First-hand experience building a global health venture and working with amazing program and research teams
- A chance to work at the cutting edge of maternal health, implementation science, and social enterprise.
- Significant responsibility and independence to drive our communications, content and Influence strategy.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Educational Assistance Support