Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of the job:
The Deputy Commissioner – Tax Service Office is responsible for managing, directing and controlling all operations within the Tax Service Office.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Administer the relevant Acts in Domestic Revenue Mobilization.
- Establish strategies to be implemented through a defined and acceptable roadmap.
- Realign the strategies developed to revenue enhancement initiatives.
- Lead the formulation of strategic plans, policies, procedures and best practice and work closely with departmental heads and policy unit in the formulation and implementation of the same;
- Foster strong working relationships with stakeholders in the roll out of the office;
- Monitor performance of the division and initiate corrective action where necessary;
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of reports (performance and compliance) and other required data.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the divisional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the division.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Degree in Commerce, Business Administration Economics or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Professional Tax Training
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years in a Senior Managerial role.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Taxpayer compliance
- Extensive knowledge on tax collection
- Taxpayer services processing
- Tax business understanding
- Political awareness
- Knowledge of taxation of new emerging businesses and digital economy
- Ability to identify and deal with operational risk
- Results driven and analytical • Strong decision making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 21st January 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.