Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About CTWWC Project
We are looking for applications from individuals with relevant experience and technical qualifications to join our team in delivering this project and contributing to the care reform process in Kenya.
Location: Kisumu **
Reporting to: Project Coordinator, Changing the Way We Care
Purpose of function
Under the mentorship of the Social Worker, the Project Officer, CTWWC will be responsible for the day to day engagement of the different community and stakeholder cadres while overseeing locational level plans are successfully implemented, contributing to the overall success of sub-county level plans. The Project Officer shall assist the Social Worker in the delivery of both administrative and programmatic functions of the initiative for timely delivery and overall success of the initiative.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Project planning and implementation in line with the work plan
- Prepare activity requests including Scopes of Work for specific activities;
- Work directly with families, community structures, CCIs, SCIs and children to achieve project results;
- Organize and deliver high-quality training for different community cadres and stakeholders;
- Support CCIs and SCIs to implement case management for reintegration and ensure case plan achievement and successful reintegration;
- Conduct Family Risk Assessment of referred families, prepare reports and care plans for families found to be at risk of separation; and follow up on the implementation of the care plans;
- Budgeting and budget management
- Participate in annual and periodic project budgeting processes;
- Allocate adequate financial resources to sub-county and community level activities;
- Deploy the budget to project activities as per plan and document liquidations;
- Organization representation
- Participate in meetings and training- both internal and with external partners as assigned by the supervisor;
- Prepare and deliver presentations depicting CTWWC results to different stakeholders’ gatherings;
- Maintaining partner relations
- Organize and/or attend locational and community stakeholder forums for the advancement of project goal and objectives;
- Continuously build and maintain relevant and strategic partnerships and networks at locational level for project information sharing and cross-learning;
- Maintain day to day communication with Sub-county DCS officers regarding CTWWC implementation;
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Conduct field visits to monitor activities being implemented, and to engage beneficiaries and stakeholders for purposes of project planning and learning;
- Conduct monthly volunteer meetings to track implementation status, address challenges and receive or share feedback for overall project improvement;
- Collect and respond to feedback from beneficiaries;
- Collect and report on relevant project output data for assessing progress towards project objectives;
- Participate in periodic review meetings including monthly, quarterly and annual meetings for reflection and learning;
- Prepare and share progress reports;
- Conduct project activity documentation including case studies, success stories, and lessons learnt;
- Participate in the development of project annual plans and activity schedules in line with approved templates and planning and implementation frameworks;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project implementation position in a relevant project targeting children and strengthening families and communities to care for children.
- Experience working with vulnerable children and their families in Kisumu County.
- Practical experience working in collaboration with the Department of Children Services, especially in the application of case management principles.
- Good writing skills, including case studies.
- Experience in activity budgeting and expenditure tracking.
- Excellent community mobilization skills.
Method of Application
If you are a professional with a passion to make a difference in children and young people’s lives, send your application letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting applications is 17th Jan 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.