Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a?Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)?for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the?Kenya Elections Support Programme?(KESP).? The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:?
- Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
- Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
- An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and,
- Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The DFA will oversee financial and administrative systems in support of the IFES-Kenya program. Specifically, the DFA will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with IFES and FCDO procedures, rules and regulations. Responsibilities include budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with?IFES policies and procedures, FCDO rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Kenya laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets and monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Manage project procurement processes.
- Advise Country Director regularly on financial and operations-related matters.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by FCDO.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Country Director.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with FCDO and other donor rules and regulations is required.
- Knowledge in generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Business awareness and numerical ability
- Must possess solid communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree or certified accounting degree with compensating years of experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in overseeing program financial and administrative systems.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development funded programming.
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software.
- Knowledge of Deltek Cost Point and Cognos CER a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.