Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently recruiting a Driver for a two-year, FCDO-funded project entitled the Kenya Elections Support Programme (KESP). The program is expected to build upon electoral reforms previously supported by FCDO/DFID in Kenya to contribute to a credible, peaceful and inclusive 2022 general election in Kenya. The program will support:
- Meaningful electoral reforms early in the electoral cycle and effective coordination between relevant institutions;
- Improvement on standards achieved in the 2017 election, and incorporation of lessons learned for more effective planning, management, strategic communication and stakeholder engagement to build public trust;
- An enabling environment that leads to more women, youth and persons with disabilities (PWDs) turning out to vote and elected to representative posts; and, Strengthened domestic election observation and monitoring.
The Driver will provide transportation support to the IFES-Kenya field office, notably driving and ensuring maintenance of the project vehicle.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring reliable and safe driving in transporting project personnel, visitors, and consultants in vehicles for conducting IFES business.
- Receiving personnel, visitors, and consultants at the airport.
- Ensuring appropriate route planning and security measures for business travels.
- Maintaining vehicle and fuel logs to ensure proper use of vehicles.
- Maintaining the condition of vehicles on a day-to-day basis by making minor repairs, working with logistics officer to arrange for major repairs, and ensuring timely oil changes, tire and brake checks, and car washes.
- Ensuring availability of all necessary documents and supplies, including vehicle insurance, vehicle and fuel logs, maps, first aid kit, and spare parts.
- Taking immediate action in accordance with rules and regulations in the case of an accident.
- Traveling outside of Nairobi for project activities as required.
- Timely reporting of vehicle malfunctions, incidences and faults.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Highly skilled in cautious and defensive driving.
- Abides by all traffic laws.
- Must be familiar with roads within the entire country.
- The ability to remain organized.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working as a driver for donor-funded projects.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Basic spoken and written proficiency in English required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.