Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided 4M people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique Accelerator to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact. In 2019 we launched an ambitious new strategy, with the goal of doubling our impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
Evidence Action has a presence across 10 countries, with major offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India; and Washington, D.C. Evidence Action’s programs have been recognized by GiveWell, the Skoll Foundation, the Life You Can Save, Giving What We Can, and covered in the Economist, NPR, and the New York Times.
To Support Finance Operations in the Nairobi Office.
Description of duties
- Preparing Payments schedules – Assist the accountant in ensuring all payment vouchers are complete and supported for payment processing.
- Stamping all the payment vouchers ‘paid’ after processing and ensure they are properly scanned and saved inbox.
- File all the payment vouchers chronologically and ensure the files are easily retrieved.
- Payment vouchers retrievals for verification, more so to support sampled transactions during the audit period.
- Assisting the accountant in ensuring that all program liquidated advances are labelled filed and referenced to the tracker prepared by the assigned accountant.
- Assets Management- updating the current Evidence Action Kenya Asset register by ensuring all assets in the register are tagged, the status of the asset updated as well as ensure all additions and disposals are properly captured and reconciling with the Inventory online system.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Qualifications include:
- 3years’ work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any other related field.
- Professional certification in ACCA or CPA
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Audit management experience in donor-funded programs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate under own initiative and also take instructions to prioritize and manage a diverse workload.
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Enthusiastic to take on a role with a significant responsibility while developing personally and professionally
- Problem-solving skills;
- Independent, proactive and willing to take initiative.
- Interested in a work environment that is flexible, creative, and constantly changing.