Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of the Role :
In charge of a Business unit ensuring all postings are done correctly, in full and on a timely basis. As well as be aware of all financial transactions in relation to the business unit.
Also to ensure that the business unit is tax compliant.
1) Verify and understand debit & credit entries posted by the accounts clerks.
2) Reconcile & ensure that banking for each branch in their unit has been done on a daily basis.
3) Reconcile daily sales of each branch with TMS report.
4) Check that invoices raised to corporate clients from the courier system have been posted accurately in the accounting package.
5) Ensure that the daily branch expenses incurred are as per the control sheet.
6) Ensure the bank reconciliations are finalized by 5th of the following month.
7) Monitor all Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring completion and adequate record keeping by all key members reporting to the Management accountant.
8) Ensure all intercompany accounts are balanced monthly and signed off.
9) Ensure all debit /credit postings to the nominal ledgers are accurate.
10) Generate cost reports each month analyzing the profitability of the business unit.
11) Prepare the file for annual statutory audit.
12) Generate monthly management accounts for submission to business unit head & MD by 15th of every month.
13) Check the dispatch schedule for trucks with invoices generated.
14) Being self-updated with the happenings of the business unit on all financial aspects.
15) Ensure that all calculations and assumptions are linked to supporting workings and appropriate sources of information.
16) Maintain and enforce credit control across debtors and creditor balances.
- CPA or ACCA, an MBA in Finance or Business Administration would be preferred.
Relevant Previous Experience:
- 5 years of overall experience in accounting with last 3 years or more as a team leader of more than 10 employees.
- Preferably in transport and logistics industry. Should have worked on SAP or any ERP.
1) Should understand company laws, taxation rules of EA Region , all Statutory requirements-NSSF,NHIF, VAT,WHT, PAYE, Training levy
2) Able to review data and report on the same.
3) Preparation of budgets
4) Aiding in strategic planning
5) Manage relationship with Auditors
1) Analyze and understand data entry and reconcile control accounts.
2) Understanding Cost Control
3) Computations and reference of Quick Ratio, Gross profit, Net Profit, EBITDA,
4) Strong understanding of regional tax regulations and statutory matters
1) Understand numbers and analyze them
2) Proficient with MS Office- Word and excel tools
3) Updated with latest ERP
4) Ability to create and enhance systems / processes
5) Punctual, diligent and meticulous with close attention to detail
1) Negotiation and PR
2) People Management
3) Planning & Execution
4) Delegation & Control
5) Honesty and discretion
Critical Non-Negotiable attributes
Strong understanding of regional tax regulations and audit matters
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2021 at 5:00 pm