Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are:
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
AIG is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial
and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG offers a broad range of products to customers through
a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
Develops, retains and expands business relationship with all distribution channels in selected East Africa Countries. Build relationships with cedants and RI brokers that will lead to sufficient pipeline in our chosen products. Manages relationships to ensure that service levels meet or exceed customer expectations across all products and services. Develop sales plans for targeted distribution channels and recommend & promote company products and services, based on distribution channel needs
New and Existing Business and Distribution Development
- Keep abreast of local market changes and trends. Manage the business development process though lead generation and developing & managing existing and new distribution channel relationships.
- Keep abreast of new products / product developments from competitors in the local markets and provide feedback to RI Business Development and Profit Centers
- Regularly engage with current and potential distribution channels to explore needs, requirements and actively pursue any kind of business opportunity
- Promote AIG products and services on Financial Lines, Liability and Marine product lines
- Maximize distribution channel relationships with cedants and RI brokers through strong, solution driven partnership strategies and action plans (cross-sell, up-sell)
- Manage designated, assigned distribution channels and ensure monthly production targets are met
- Achieve new business and renewal/retention targets per LOB
- Adhere to calling pattern in line with distribution channel management policy
- Prepare & present proposals to distribution channels.
- Manage the pipeline process for designated distribution channels
- Adhere to internal process for follow up, policy issuance, renewals, endorsements, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate new business and distribution reports as required
- Support / execute the internal credit & premium flow requirements
- Manage internal and external SLA’s to meet distribution channel & client expectations of performance and efficiency.
- Provide reports to assigned distribution channels with respect to monthly production, loss ratios, etc
- Serve as a trusted advisor on all pertinent issues
- Resolve distribution channel issues and concerns and regularly review expectations to ensure relationship is mutually acceptable and beneficial
Audit and Compliance
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualification/Graduate level degree in Business/Economic/ Insurance or Marketing.
- Insurance Technical qualifications ACII/AIIK Diploma is a must. Marketing qualifications will be an advantage
- Proficiency in IT applications widely used for business
Experience & Knowledge: –
- More than 5 years relevant experience in General Insurance and at least 3 years in related marketing management role
- More than 5 years’ experience in a re-insurance environment/organization
- Experience dealing with Sub Sahara Africa territories
- Familiarity with Financial Lines, Liability and Marine products
- Demonstrate experience driving growth through innovation – use of data analytics and insights in decision making.
- Experience in building relationships and influence with diverse cultures
- Strategic Business Planning
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of the reinsurance distribution channels
- In depth knowledge of the current business and marketing trends
- Confidence to prepare and present tailored presentations to a varied set of audience
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
- Confident negotiator and ability to “close the deal”
- Team player
- Ability to Interpret legal agreements
- Excellent knowledge of Policies and Regulations
- Portfolio Management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Functional Area: SM – Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Kenya Insurance Co. Ltd