Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our strategic goal is to ensure vulnerable adolescent girls, young women, men and children are supported/ empowered/ facilitated to drive social-economic change and break gender barriers, to enable them access equal opportunities and realize their rights in an enabling environment
The Innovation 2 Inclusion Project Manager will ensure that project outcomes are realized through providing effective, timely and coordinated project management. He/she will oversee the implementation of Plan International Kenya’s deliverables under the i2i project, linking closely with the Plan International Kenya Gender Coordinator, other colleagues within the Country Office and in Plan International UK, as well as i2i consortium partners in Kenya.
S/he will provide direct technical input in the implementation in accordance to donor/Organisations guidelines and standards.
The incumbent should have good understanding of the interface between innovation and inclusion programming and should be familiar with working with the private sector especially within the areas of business, economic empowerment, partnerships with government, and civil society. Experience working with Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs) on social and economic inclusion – particularly of women with disabilities – will be an added advantage. Additionally, s/he will be familiar with managing large donor projects and ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
He/ She will be based in Nairobi Urban Program and will be part of a program management team at the country office exchange ideas and learning with other project managers in other projects on a regular basis.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Planning, strategy and policy (30%)
- Support development of Plan International Kenya Pilot project design on employment inclusion of women with disabilities;
- Support the development and execution of gender analysis for the i2i consortium;
- Support the development of i2i consortium gender mainstreaming strategy;
- In collaboration with the project Gender Coordinator, provide technical gender support to consortium partners, private companies and TVETs.
- Support project teams to develop quality project outlines and ensure that projects are in line with the Country Strategy and the Program Influencing & Quality Policy (PIQP).
- Promote compliance with donor requirements and regulations in project implementation
- Lead start-up meetings of new projects to guarantee a joint understanding among stake holders on project objective and expectations.
- Promote the realization of set targets quality outcomes.
- Identify and manage project risks
Programme and project design and influence (25%)
- Coordinate the realization of i2i project monitoring and evaluation deliverables; including the project baseline and end term evaluation of the project;
- Contribute to the development of a learning paper on what works well in employment inclusion of women with disabilities;
- Lead the technical support on employment inclusion for person with disabilities in the i2i consortia;
- Lead Plan International Kenya’s engagement in the scaling up of the i2i project to a third country
- In liaison with M&E, establish proper data management systems in accordance with the donor reporting requirements.
- Monitor the progress of project implementation and undertake corrective actions.
- Promote evidence-based programming.
- Develop quality and timely reports in accordance with donor guidelines and procedures.
- With support of M&E, enhance learning and knowledge management through documentation and profiling of Plan’s work.
Working in Partnership and Resource Mobilisation (15%)
- Participate in external meeting with partners and other stakeholders on project’s deliverables.
- Promote sensitization of stakeholders and partners on Plan’s policies, strategies, procedures, values and behaviours.
- Coordinate with other NGOs, consortium partners, local and private sector players working within the operational areas to expand opportunities for partnerships.
- Engage and influence key duty bearers towards realization of children rights at the sub-county and county level.
- Promote active engagement and participation of communities in Project activities
Financial Responsibility (10%)
- Develop and regularly update annual and quarterly project implementation plans and budgets.
- Monitor expenditures to promote prudent budget management and adherence to approved budget. Promote compliance with relevant donor policies, contracts, and agreements.
- Preparation and submission of accurate and timely financial reports according to donor regulation
- Capability building and People Management (10%)
- Promote good team management in accordance to Plan purpose and values
- Performance Managment of all direct reports
- And Mentor direct reports to enhance their skills for project delivery
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Other duties (5%)
Other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the line Manager
Qualifications/ experience essential: •
- Relevant master’s degree in economics, gender, social sciences or international development
- At least 5 years’ experience in project/programme development and/or management in the context of economic empowerment projects/programmes
- Strong understanding of innovation in development and experience of designing and/or implementing innovative approaches
- Experience of working collaboratively with a variety of organisations (private sector, academia and NGOs), ideally including within consortia projects
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in financial, budget and administrative management or related issues
- Understanding of and/or experience of disability-inclusive programming desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project management, Development studies, Social sciences, M&E, or any other relevant qualification.
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and rights-based programming.
- Willingness to sign and adhere to the Plan Safeguarding children and young people policy.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Master’s degree
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Results orientated
- Relevant computer skills
- Budget and Cost Control
- Risk management
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.