Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development in Test (referred to as Sr. SDET henceforth) who is passionate about using cutting edge test automation tools and technologies to create robust test frameworks and test suites in order to speed up the product delivery process without compromising quality and performance. This hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves role will ensure quality control across Tala’s backend services and mobile applications in multiple markets.
What you’ll do:
- Develop test automation suites to expand test coverage to all our microservices and integrate it into regression and release process
- Deliver framework for performance testing to be used on-demand and as part of regular testing
- Deliver tools to help test integration with 3rd party services (Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC (know your customer), Analytics, etc.)
- Integrate automated tests execution into the software development process
- Mentor junior team members
- Collaborate with squad lead and other key stakeholders to strategize rollout
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) in identifying automation areas to further increase the quality of our product
- Maintain, review, propose and implement improvements to existing frameworks, tools and processes
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in building test tools and frameworks using Java/Groovy/Kotlin/Scala/Python, Jenkins or similar CI-CD tools, Shell Scripting, Linux/ Mac OSX for either backend or frontend services
- Experience with BDD testing paradigm and one of the Behavior Driven Testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Spock or JBehave
- Experience in front-end automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso or Kaspresso
- Experience with one or more version control systems such as Github, Gitlab, Perforce
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Experience working in an Agile development process (Scrum/ Kanban/ Scrumban)
- Preferred BS Degree in Computer Science and/or Math or equivalent skills
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.