Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• Develop and implement business and service strategies to deliver Retail and Business Banking performance and growth targets of a cluster of branches.
• Provide powerful leadership of a number of branches to ensure the delivery of the business plans for the cluster by establishing a high performance culture amongst the branch management and relationship management team.
• Maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict adherence to operations, compliance policies and guidelines.
Driving Business Performance 40%
- Development and implementation of business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets of the Cluster.
- Interpret overall Retail and Business Banking strategies into implementable plans and communicate to the branches in the cluster.
- Drive cluster performance against key performance standards agreed with Customer Network leadership in areas including
- balance sheet growth,
- sales growth and revenue contribution,
- cost management,
- credit management,
- employee satisfaction,
- customer experience,
- Operational risk and control rigour management
- Define, agree and implement with branch management throughout the cluster the necessary strategies and processes in respect of set performance targets.
- Monitor overall branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved.
- Review and report to the Customer Network Director leadership the total performance for all branches in the cluster on a regular basis/as may be required and develop short term strategy shifts to ensure delivery of overall performance targets.
- Build and maintain proactive relationships with internal stakeholders including product/proposition and segment heads including Enterprise, Lending, Bancassurance, Mortgages, Liabilities, Channels, Islamic Banking etc to drive performance.
- Gather field feedback and provides insight into all product marketing and distribution opportunities to improve business performance & service.
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch/cluster performance.
- Have insights on competitor products in the local market and make suggestions on improvements or changes to product teams.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the cluster and make appropriate recommendations to the Customer Network leadership team e.g. service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
- Analyze business related information received through the branch network and provide recommendations for input into short, medium and long term RBB strategy
- Actively contribute to the Customer Network business plans for the expansion of business opportunities in strategic target areas.
People Management and Development 30%
- Ensure effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience. This includes evaluating requests from branch managers for additional staff, and may reallocate headcount between branches, within overall area headcount budget.
- Involve branch managers and senior relationship managers in developing the annual resource and capacity plans.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the cluster team
- Maximize performance of branch managers, relationship managers and their teams by identifying and developing the training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the cluster and branch teams that results in a high performance climate and culture.
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch managers, relationship managers, branch teams and the broader business.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR.
- Acts as escalation point for grievance cases touching on branches in the cluster.
- Motivate staff through appropriate recognition schemes.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Customer Service Management 15%
- Understand and articulate aggregated cluster requirements & customer feedback to help enhance over customer experience.
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations
- Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch team, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer focused service.
- Act as the escalation point for HOT complaints. Visit high net worth or key clients to support the branch managers and relationship managers.
- Ensure branch network delivers excellence service through continuous monitoring of service scores and develop plans for improvement. Discuss and agree plans with direct reports.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide high standard of service delivery.
Risk & Control Rigorous Compliance Management 15%
- Ensure the cluster operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards in the cluster are met and where required review branch remediation action plans.
- Review incident reports raised from branches and take required actions e.g. escalation, disciplinary action etc.
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses above branch manager limits.
- Signoff all dormant account and all other refunds above branch manager limit.
- Accountable for other non-branch related expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
- Ensure quarterly Regional Manager checks are done by complying with the guideless in the Regional Manager checklist.
Change Management 10%
- Project manage all major organizational changes within the cluster such as organizational structure changes, IT/system changes or process changes
- Cascade strategic changes to cluster teams and ensure that any agreed deliverable are implemented.
- Advanced leadership, people management and team building skills
- Well-developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability
- High impact communication and presentation skills
- Strong Financial and Analytical Skills
- Excellent relationship building skills – both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Highly developed networking skills, both for internal and external network
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability
- Business Acumen/Business Awareness
- Business Development
- Credit appraisal skills
- Credit Risk Management
- Driving Customer Experience
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- External market awareness
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Performance Management
- Resource Management
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience to compensate, post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- 10 years Banking / Financial Services experience out of which at least 5 years in branch management with track record of performance in a large/flagship branch
- At least 3 years’ experience at senior leadership in retail and/or business banking
- Business understanding and management experience of Retail / Consumer and Business Segments
- Working knowledge of Branch Operations and Controls
- Demonstrable experience in Customer Service management including complaint management / resolution
- Hands on experience of sales management including leading Direct Sales teams
- People management experience of big teams and wide branch networks
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, strategies and structures in Retail, Business Banking, and Corporate business services including Treasury.
- Detailed working knowledge of operational and credit risk policies and procedures for both Retail and Business Banking segments
- Good working knowledge of people policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the banking industry practices and regulations
- Well informed on general economic, political and business environment of the cluster
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- In-depth understanding of core banking operating IT systems e.g. Flexcube
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing date: 2021-01-30