Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 supports the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, Procurement Manager manages the procurement function and in particular, shall oversee the planning processes associated with the procurement of goods and services, including the evaluation, contract preparation/issuance, and contract administration process associated with project’s site office procurements. The Procurement Manager shall work closely with the Finance and Administration Director and technical managers to ensure proposed procurements are consistent with the USAID approved annual budget and compliant with Abt’s policies and procedures.. The manager shall supervise a procurement officer:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop procurement strategies including how to manage the volume of procurements, create a procurement timeline, etc
- Develop, maintain and update on a regular basis a procurement tracker for all ongoing and new procurements in order to provide visibility into on-going purchases
- Draft, issue and review request for quotes (RFQs)
- In collaboration with technical teams, obtain and review product specifications or scope of work for services; ensure that specifications and scopes are clear, objective and complete.
- Draft or review purchase orders and local consultant agreements for execution
- Facilitate the review and evaluation of bids, ensuring participation of relevant technical staff and consistency with
- Convene a procurement evaluation committee when needed and serve as non-voting chairperson to ensure integrity of the selection process and selection is consistent with basis of award and evaluation factors in RFQ.
- Prepare bid matrix and source selection memorandum (when required) which includes competition process, names of evaluators and adequate justification for award recommendation.
- Ensure procurements are competed whenever feasible; work with technical team to prepare justification for non-competitive procurement for sole or single source.
- Conduct and document vendor pre-qualifications for repetitive purchases such as lodging, catering services, office supplies, water, vehicle service; when practical, prepare master service agreements in consultation with Abt Home Office.
- Coordinate with F&A Director and Deputy Chief of Party for Operations to ensure all equipment procurements are entered in project inventory list.
- Develop documents to guide procurement processes,
- Provide guidance to and direct oversight of the procurement officer, who shall be responsible for purchasing of certain categories of goods and services.
- Conduct standard orientation for all new staff about how procurement function operates and their role in any purchase
- Ensure that all procurements are compliant with Abt Associates’ policies and procedures as well as relevant USAID’ rules and regulations.
- Serve as the point of contact with vendors.
- Ensure that procurement files are complete and audit ready as soon as the procurement process is complete; Develop a system to check completeness of procurement files using Home Office provided procurement checklist
- Develop standards for filing and handling of procurement documents. Work with the home office procurement department and back stop team to obtain requisite approvals.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Management or other relevant field
- At least eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement and logistics of commodities.
- Experience on USAID-funded development programs with high volume of procurement and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is highly desired. Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to procurement
- Must possess at least UNDP CIPS level 3 certification or equivalent.
- Excellent capacity building, organizational and computer skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to manage complex activities and complete tasks on short notice
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.