Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Gender Based Violence Coordinator for its Shinda project in Siaya County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Deputy Project Director/Senior technical advisor, the GBV Coordinator has the overall responsibility of leading, coordinating and overseeing GBV activities in CHS supported health facilities in Siaya County.
- Provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the GBV-related activities (incl. Case management, psychosocial support to women, girls and men, emotional support groups, information dissemination, risk mitigation activities and community mobilization).
- Develop comprehensive and tailored technical capacity building plans for program and facility staff based on respective needs
- Develop training packages tailored to the capacity and needs of County/s; The training package on GBV; assessment, identification and referral of protection cases; delivery of Psychological First Aid (PFA); dissemination of key protection messages and information on available services.
- Technically supervise technical officers on GBV prevention and response;
- Prepare proposals to secure follow on or expansion funding for the GBV program as per identified needs and in line with the Protection strategy;
- Participate in gathering evidence to be used in GBV cases in conjunction with relevant bodies, and arms of government including but not limited to the police, the courts, hospitals, FIDA among other stakeholders to ensure quick resolutions of the cases.
- Work closely with Prevention unit to develop and implement ethical and safe monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, including qualitative tools and GBVIMS analysis;
- Represent CHS before relevant National and County level forums on GBV programming and GBV-related issues;
- Must have University degree or higher education relevant to social work, women’s studies or other relevant fields;
- More than 3 years’ experience implementing GBV response and prevention programs; Experience in implementing GBV projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with GBV cases and ensuring justice through the collection of evidence and litigation cycle to the conclusion.
- Strong program/technical budget management, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills;
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as Gender-Based Violence Coordinator, by Wednesday, February 3, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification