Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Head of Sustainable Finance AME will drive sustainable finance origination and revenues, develop strong client relationships and be seen as expert in SF by internal and external stakeholders, manage the specific risks that arise SF transactions, be a centre of excellence and support to regional client and product teams, and develop the regional strategy.
This person will need to be able work closely with regional and country MT to develop and track country revenue budgets across CCIB as well as supporting the regional Private Bank and Retail Bank as appropriate. In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for the growth development and implementation of client strategies related to sustainable finance and environmental and social risks. This included strategic client engagement and transaction origination.
With rapid development of regional regulations or policies the role will require leadership in or establish regional working groups with regulators, commercial & development institutions and industry leaders .
The Regional Head will also be responsible to the development and implementation of new product or sector strategies supporting the bank embed sustainability is all aspects of the business. Underlying this the AME Head will be required to have, build and maintain a strong understanding of environmental, social and regulatory risks relevant to client and the bank.
Our Sustainable Finance team serves as a centre of expertise on a broad set of ESG topics, providing thought leadership, strategic advice and transaction support for SCB’s clients. The group sits within the Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Bank and works with sales and coverage teams to identify and deliver on ESG-related advisory and product opportunities.
The Role described below is for an experienced and self-driven individual who will be responsible for the regional business growth and development.
- Work closely with regional MT to development and supplement a regional business growth strategy. With a strategic vision to become the industry wide regional sustainable finance leader
- Work closely with the Head of Sustainable Finance to develop and execute a plan that would make SC the Bank best known for Sustainable Finance by our clients and other stakeholders. Works closely with the wider SF team, coverage and product leaders to develop and understanding of the competitive landscape and identify prospective partners who can address customer needs and accelerate growth
- Work closely with group corporate affairs to build a regional internal / external stake strategy promoting sustainability. Ensuring a consistent messaging to the internally and to the wider market
- Drive new sustainable finance transactions and origination
- Have a good understanding of the regional client base and proactively build pipeline, identifying core industries and regional priorities i.e. proactively embedding sustainability across all belt and road developments
- Be able to work with relationship teams to develop client transition plans that’s encourage decarbonisation in the region and supporting this transition with the banks products and services
- Maintain an understanding of regional multilateral appetite as they grow to support sustainable finance and provide cross regional support to access regional liquidity
- Maintain an understanding of international capital markets and investors preferences
- Provide support to regional origination teams by providing insight into sustainable finance structures, environmental and social risks and developing regulations. Empower the frontline to proactively engage clients on this important topic
- Proactively keeping abreast of regional global, and industry developments, assess implications and align and develop Bank relevant initiatives across businesses in response to regulatory and industry development in sustainable finance
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in cross-functional teams on the design, execution, and measurement of client or segment strategies
People and Talent
- Manage and coach regional headcount as well work to develop global sustainable finance team as a centre for excellence in the bank
- Training and capacity building of the regional origination, and risk teams
- Build and maintain an understand on environmental and social risks across industry classes
- Safeguard the bank against reputation risk damage but proactively developing sustainable finance structures that are in line with global industry best practices
- Encourage good and proactive management environmental, social, regulatory, reputational and ethical risks governance across by all areas of the business
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients
- Ensure regional compliance with the sustainable finance governance structure and environmental and social risk management policies
- Chair Regional AME working group promoting proactive origination as well as early identification and management of reputation risks
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Able to develop and manage the relevant governance for any client partnerships
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local and international regulator prescribed responsibilities and policies
- Regional management, product, and client teams
- Global Head of Sustainable Finance
- Global Head of Environmental Social Risk Management
- Global Sustainable Finance Team
- COO CCIB, GB, FM, TB, CF
- External: The Bank’s customers, competitors, regulators, investors and partners
- Degree (BA or equivalent)
- Relevant banking experience in Origination, FM, Corporate Finance, DCM, Product
- Knowledge and experience across multiple products preferred
- Knowledge of environmental and socials risks and ESRM policies of the bank
- Ability to promote good teamwork, collaboration and management of conflict across stakeholders
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
- Client focused with ability to establish and leveraging high impact relationships and presenting creative solutions
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Delivery and execution focused
- Able to influence and engage with C level executives
- Ability to work with lots of moving parts and complexity
- Data driven and leads with a scientific approach to data and delivery
- Change management, and program management expertise
- Highly skilled in creation of briefing materials, report writing and preparation of presentations
Unposting Date: 09/Feb/2021, 2:59:00 AM