Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Weetabix is one of the world’s most trusted cereal brands at the forefront of cereal innovation globally. The company manufactures and markets an outstanding range of brands throughout Eastern Africa and has the largest share of its industry’s retail categories selling over 36 brands with an annual turnover of GBP 500 million. The company employs over 3000 people globally with manufacturing sites in America, Canada, UK, South Africa & Kenya exporting to over 80 Countries. In 2011, the company won the coveted Manufacturing Innovation award in the UK.
Weetabix East Africa is a joint venture between Weetabix Foods Ltd UK and Pioneer Foods PTY RSA now part of the Pepsico group. Weetabix East Africa Ltd locally manufactures East Africa’s leading Breakfast cereal, Weetabix under license from Weetabix Ltd UK. The company also markets its imported range of products which includes Weetaflakes, Alpen Muesli, Alpen Snack Bars, Weetabix Minis, Weetos, Fruit & Fibre, Branflakes, Oatibix as well as the imported/locally manufactured Pioneer range of Bokomo Oats, Bokomo Muesli and Ceres Fruit juices.
The goal of the company is to be the leading Breakfast Cereal Manufacturer in Africa, producing high Quality Breakfast Cereal to not only meet, but surpass consumer’s expectations. Weetabix has a strong heritage having been in the local scene for more than 30 years. The Weetabix brand currently commands the largest market share in the country.
Weetabix promises to only serve quality with high standards of excellence in the full line of their nutritious Breakfast Cereals.
Weetabix EA is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager to lead the HR function. The Human Resource Manager will report to the CEO. He/She will be responsible for overseeing talent acquisition, staff development process, employee relations and ensuring that the team is happy and empowered based on the organization’s strategy.
The Human Resources Manager’s key responsibilities will include the following:
Learning, Training and Development
- Preparing the annual training plan and budget. Controlling and ensuring maximum utilization of training resources through accurate identification of programs to meet business needs, and post training follow-up.
- Designing and managing the delivery of training and development programmes based on the organization’s needs to meet the broad categories of technical skills, leadership development, cross training, and personal development.
- Assessing effectiveness of training, monitoring, evaluating, and reviewing the progress of development programs.
- Researching and recommending a complement of internal and external learning programs that align with the organizations business objectives and employee needs.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating learning objectives and instructional strategies; including developing the best methodologies for training delivery (i.e., web-based, classroom, etc.).
Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Leading and managing the talent development process and tools.
- Developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities.
- Identifying the requirements of a succession plan.
- Developing an inventory, accessing talent and potentials, and implementing action plans to address identified gaps.
- Developing succession planning activities necessary to develop and maintain a highly capable workforce that fits the business strategy in collaboration with business leaders and managers.
- Analyzing competencies and determining areas of strengths and weakness.
- Proactive workforce planning to attract talent for both short and long term in close liaison with the line managers.
- Carrying out a job analysis and update the job descriptions and person specifications. Make known open positions by advertising open positions both internally and externally.
- Reviewing applications and recommending a long list to recruiting line manager to review and shortlist.
- Inviting appropriate interview panel members and managing the interview administration process.
- Obtaining reference checks prior to engagement and coordinating the pre-employment vetting process.
- Developing and maintaining a recruitment database with a view to reducing recruitment costs and turnaround time.
- Creating an annual recruitment plan to fill roles, including timelines and interviewers etc.
- Pre-screening candidates using effective tools e.g., telephone interviews, psychometric testing etc.
- Implementing improvements to the talent acquisition process.
Employee Relations/Industrial Relations
- Defining, implementing, and executing policies and procedures for maintaining relations with unions and Industrial Relations.
- Maintaining open communications with all employees e.g., ‘open door policy’.
- Understanding employee concerns; soliciting feedback to determine needs, questions etc.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures comply with statutory requirements and are fully aligned with strategic goals of the business.
- Working effectively with internal and external counsel as necessary relating to employment laws.
- Leading the Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) negotiations and ensuring that negotiations are successfully concluded prior to expiry of current agreements, and that the agreements are in the best interest of the company.
- Leading the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitoring the tracking of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) required data.
Compensation & Benefits Management
- Ensuring the provision of competitive and equitable base, variable compensation including developing incentive plans.
- Developing and implementing benefit plans and ensuring that sound, appropriate decisions are made in relation to people, performance, job levels and pay.
- Ensuring application of polices in line with global policies, i.e., annual merit increases, bonus plans, salary structures, job evaluation procedures and reward objectives.
- Interpreting competitive market data and determining competitiveness and compliance of the compensation & benefits programme.
- Providing guidance to managers and employees regarding salary administration and use of reward programs.
- Developing a high-performance culture by implementing team and organization design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance, through short-term objectives against longer term strategies.
- Developing and coordinating a performance management system in liaison with line managers.
- Reviewing Personal Development Plans for training needs and performance gaps.
- Working closely with supervisors on improvement plans for non-performers and identifying opportunities for growth for high performers.
- Leading projects that impact the HR organization and contributing to projects that go beyond the HR organization.
- Ensuring the optimal development and execution of all HR processes by introducing management tools, monitoring, and benchmarking methodologies and best practices of other companies, and fact-based measurements of HR function effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assessing and understanding the business partner needs within the business strategy context and developing solutions to improve organization performance.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
The following qualifications, experience and capabilities will be required from the successful candidate:
- Degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources, or a related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from IHRM.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the HR profession with exposure at senior management.
- Holder of a valid practicing certificate from IHRM.
- A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Experience in employee relations is key.
- Holds a track record of successful and positive experience with employee unions and CBA negotiations.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning and development experiences including experience with Learning Management Systems and e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Experience and /or demonstrated ability to develop and execute best in class Human Resource strategies
- Ability to provide leadership cross functionally as will be part of the Senior Leadership Team.