Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Finance and Operations Manager is a key member of Ipas Africa Alliance’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for the overall financial stewardship of the Africa Alliance program operations. The role is responsible for specific functions related to finance, operations, funding analysis, full cost recovery and oversight of external audit and financial compliance. She/He is responsible for accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, financial reporting, donor reports, reviewing and processing payments, and backup for processing cash and accounts payable as well as expeditious implementation of Ipas Alliance’s programs. She/He oversees operational aspects of the country office including grant management and reporting and other operational and administrative duties.
- Provides effective leadership for the Finance team, ensuring effective utilisation of their capacity toward the achievement of Ipas Alliance’s objectives and organisational vision and mission;
- Ensures that an appropriate segregation of duties exists to ensure effective support of field operations and to protect and strengthen the integrity of the country office finance and administrative operations;
- Prepares and revises, as needed, finance and operation guidelines in order that they adhere to statutory compliance ,donor requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains positive relationship with internal and external audit teams and assumes responsibility for timely provision of required documentation to support completion of statutory and Ipas mandated audit exercises;
- Collaborate with Ipas bankers and representatives of government to ensure hitch free management of Ipas financial resources in compliance with Alliance office’s financial regulations, relevant Ipas US procedures and protocols and global financial best practices;
- Develop and maintain relations with the Ipas US team as well as with external partners and stakeholders.
- Manages finance team related expenses and budgets
- Responds to queries from government regulatory agencies;
- Corresponds with external auditors on a needs basis.
- Financial advisor to the Africa Alliance Director and other members of the Senior Management Team by offering strategic financial management advice and technical expertise required for the smooth operations of Ipas Alliance’s program;
- Prepares, manages, and ensures implementation of country office and donor budgets; allocates approved expenditures appropriately and tracks spending; alerts project manager of budget trends periodically in a manner that ensures efficient implementation of country program activities;
- Coordinates and steers the development of financial plans for the implementation of the country strategy. Coordinates the annual financial planning and rolling forecast processes ensuring adequate guidance and support is provided to budget managers to develop their annual plans in line with organizational policies and donor commitments;
- Provides regular management accounts reports on financial performance and explaining reasons for deviations from plans and proposing major actions required to address any major deviations;
- Provides support and assists the Alliance Program to prepare its annual budget in a manner that will ensure efficient implementation of country program activities;
- Leads the coordination of local audits; reviews and streamlines audit reports for submission to Ipas US office;
- Risk Management: Develops and regularly updates the Risk Management Strategy and process for Ipas Alliance and flag financial risks such as partner financial management compliance risk, exchange rate fluctuation and tax; working with CD, advise mitigation measures as required;
- Compliance: Ensures that Ipas Alliance is compliant with organizational standard operating procedures, donor guidelines, local legislation that may be applicable including those relating taxation, financial reporting, custom duties and rates. Also ensures compliance with applicable international laws relating to the use of financial resources e.g. GAAP, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Data Protection, etc.
- Ensure timely month and year close as per the established timeline. Prepares and submits financial reports for the country office to Ipas US office on a monthly basis and as required; Designs budget monitoring tools and templates to be used to generate accurate and timely financial reports for donors and Ipas US office, as required;
- Prepare and submit annual audited financial statements to Ipas US office as per the established timeline
- Oversees cash management and maintains accurate financial records; Oversees proper spending of funds, tracks expenses, and develops relevant expense reports;
- Reviews and regularly updates finance policy and procedures to ensure effective and enabling financial controls are in place and are in tune with Ipas financial procedures and global best practices; Ensures strong internal controls are in place and effective to ensure Ipas assets are adequately safeguarded from financial loss.
- Oversees IT, assets and premises management as well as undertakes coordination and communication between all operational functions
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience with at least 3-5 years working for an INGO in the development sector
- 7 or more years of financial management experience
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- ACA or CPA
- Solid GAAP, IFRS and financial reporting technical skills
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Experience managing large grants, funds, and/or budgets from multiple donors, including major bi-lateral donors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and hands on experience in managing ERP(Enterprise resource planning) based accounting systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and a team player
- Highly analytical
- Adaptable, responsive, and resilient to working in dynamic evolving environment including the ability to mange multiple tight deadlines.
- Decisive risk management & problem solving ability
- Highly numerate
- Strong financial management and accounting experience
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.