Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER LIFE – REF NO: KRC/HR/2021/01
The selected candidate will report to the Manager – Life Business located at the head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
The main duties will include but will not be limited to:
Carry out prudent underwriting in life reassurance and insurance operations to have the premium growth and profits to the company and satisfied customers.
- Carry out life medical underwriting and manage communication with life companies and reinsurance brokers,
- Carry out administration of claims resulting from such transactions,
- Prepare retrocession accounts,
- Prepare quarterly statement of accounts,
- Draft treaties in line with the Corporation’s policy and call for returns from ceding companies,
- Ensure accurate input of data and records for allocated markets in respect of premiums, claims, etc
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of all relevant documentation,
- Provide market information, statistics and reports as and when required,
- Any other duties and responsibilities that will be assigned by management
- Applicants should be holders of a bachelor’s degree in Insurance or a business-related field from a recognized university. They should be holders of a Diploma in Insurance from Chartered Insurance Institute (London) or hold its equivalent. In addition, the person should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience having already worked as an underwriter in a Life department.
- They should have good organizational and analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency in office and productivity tools.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin,
age or physical disability. An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability. They should post or
email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. outlining how they meet requirements for the position to: –
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
NAIROBI E-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 1st February 2021
Closing Date: 01st February 2021