Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: 26th January, 2021
Deadline for application: 8th February, 2021
Duty Station: Mathare
Duration: 6 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of an IECHP (Information, Education, Communication and Health Promotion) Manager. The successful candidate reports to the Medical Team Leader.
Objective of the Position:
Assess, define, implement and supervise all the Health Promotion (IEC) activities in the project area, by assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk, promoting MSF services, increasing knowledge of the target population around their health, support of preventive activities and collaboration to improve the services, and managing the staff involved in the activity according to MSF protocols and values.
include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of the context i.e local culture, traditions, habits & health perception with the aim of adapting health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors) ;
- Define and update the Health Promotion/IEC strategy and related activities through annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.)
- Identify indicators in order to monitor Health Promotion activities results, achievements and use the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities;
- Supervise the Health Promotion/IEC team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary ;
- Assess, develop and adapt Health Promotion/IEC materials according to the needs of the project. Ensure content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance and full understanding of the messages;
- Liaise with other relevant actors (national and International NGO’s , local authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population;
- Ensure regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the Health Promotion is part of the medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
|Education||Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.|
|Experience||Desirable 2 years of previous work experience as a manager in health promotion, project coordination & social research. Previous experience with MSF is a plus.|
|Languages||Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must.|
|Knowledge||Computer literacy, People Management.|
|Competencies||Flexibility, commitment, stress management.|
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “IECHP Manager”, to : email@example.com
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.