Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
Plan International Kenya (PIK) has approximately 38 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently PIK mainly operates in nine geographical areas; Nairobi, Machakos, Kajiado, Tharaka-Nithi, Siaya, Kwale, Kilifi, Homa Bay and Kisumu.
Plan International Kenya Strategy statement
Plan International Kenya’s strategic goal in the next five years is to end both teenage pregnancies and sexual and gender based violence. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIK will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly approximately 3 million (tbc) girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2021-2025 and to reach additional beneficiaries through its interventions.
Plan Kenya’s redefined strategy represents a strategic shift in focus. The Department leads operationalization of the new program strategy and its focus on gender equality and the empowerment of girls and youth as agents of change.
The Administration and Procurement Assistant will be responsible for support of the general administration and procurement transactional activities at the designated program unit areas
Management Scope, Reporting lines, Key relationships
Reports to: Administration and Procurement Coordinator
Internal: Program teams, finance department, administration department
Level of contact with children
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
- Typical office environment with (10%) travel to Program unit/s B
Accountabilities and Main Work Accountabilities
Front Office Management (40%)
- Act as the first point of contact for all incoming visitors and the organization switchboard and refer these to relevant department or staff members.
- Responsible for opening, closing and monitoring access to the office, using the installed security system at the main door.
- Responsible for timely payment of all utility bills.
- In liaison with the Procurement and Administration Coordinator, ensure annual renewal of all relevant county government permits.
- Manage incoming, outgoing mails and parcels while ensuring proper records are maintained for tracking purposes.
- Management of office petty cash float and adherence to set expenditure guidelines
- Ensure all administration related documents are properly filled.
- Responsible for management of office stationery and kitchen supplies while ensuring issuance and proper records are maintained
- Ensure transparency and integrity in the procurement processes in line with Plan policies and guidelines;
- Receive, review procurement requests and Source using appropriate procurement method.
- Analyse bids and recommend selected vendor for approval;
- Prepare and Facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to vendors and follow ups to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
- Liaise with the requesters to ensure goods and services requested are received and the necessary documentation satisfactorily done (goods received notes/invoices etc.);
- Process payment and ensure documentation is submitted to Finance in a timely manner
- Keep proper and an up to date filing system for all procurement documents;
- Update and share the weekly procurement tracker;
Travel and events Management (15%)
- Responsible for booking tickets and taxis for staff, stakeholders and visitors while ensuring all the relevant approvals have been granted before securing bookings.
- Reconciliation of both air and ground travel invoices against approved request before sharing with finance department for payment.
- Provide administrative support to conferences and workshops
- Maintain a database for all travels and accommodation for staff, visitors and stakeholders for accountability purposes.
- Other duties (5%)
- Ensure procurement data integrity is maintained in the system at all times
- Support in management of fleet
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Courageous in taking a lead, focused on Plan International’s purpose and making the most effective contribution within my own work context.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them.
- Behaves in line with our values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
Business Management competencies
- Applies the Code of Conduct principles to their work activities.
- Understands their responsibilities, level of decision making and how their role contributes to the wider team.
- Understands the importance of buying and using resources to achieve value for money.
- Works in accordance to the policies and procedures relevant to their role and responsibilities.
- Uses the personal development tools available.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Degree in Business Administration /Procurement or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar role within a busy environment / NGO
- Understanding of Plan’s business processes and strategic objectives
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Service oriented and customer centric
- Decisive, Supportive, versatile and flexible
- Cross functional team management
- Written and verbal reporting
- Works independently, self-management and personal accountability
- Role model our values and behaviors both internally and externally.
- Engages sensitively with staff and partners on issues of gender equality and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding of the local culture and context.
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and girls’ empowerment in Plan’s work and in its work with partners
- Applies participatory influencing methodologies both internally and externally
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to influence
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking procurement with the context of the wider organizational strategy
- Communicates effectively
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO NOT RE- APPLY