Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of contextually-appropriate, affordable, desirable non-sewered sanitation solutions. We partner with residents and governments to identify locations and financing models for implementation. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek an Tractor Operator to join our Production Department. The role will be based in Kinanie (Machakos)
Duties and Responsibilities
– Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
– Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the tractor daily
– Performing Autonomous Maintenance checks on all vehicles on-site as well as attachments which include windrow turners, front-loaders, forklifts and other site vehicles
– Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges
– Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area
– Lead workmen (turnboys or juniors) at your section to resolve agreed issues
– Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to all site vehicles i.e tractors, forklifts and associated attachments
– Meet biweekly with your supervisor to review and set expectations for your performance
– Meet biweekly with your reports to review and the set expectations for their performance
– Report your sections performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms
– Training new or existing tractor/vehicle drivers on operation of all vehicles (tractor/forklift) and attachments
– Work with other section leads to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule
– Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules
– Attend and actively participate in all team meetings
– Maintain effective working relationships through treating your colleagues with respect
– Resolve misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner
– Have cordial interactions with the community as you do your work
– Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community
– Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
– Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear
– Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved
– Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor
– Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor
– Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy
– Conduct scheduled Gemba walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement
– Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties
-Valid driver’s license with appropriate vehicle class qualifications to operate forklifts and tractors including attachments
-At least 2 years experience in the operation of tractors and attachments (e.g. windrow turners, crawlers, trailers, wagons)
-Diploma will be an added advantage
-Experience in basic tractor maintenance will be an added advantage
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Monday 8th February 2021. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that the role will be based in Kinanie(Machakos)