Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures. Our partners in Kenya Djibouti Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO),Church of Sweden, ELCA, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Community Based Rehabilitation Assistant (CBR Assistant) in Dadaab Refugee Camp and Reporting to the Community Service Officer.
- Ensuring the Community Work are in compliance to LWF standards and values for providing quality rehabilitation services to the refugee camps in Dadaab and host community i.e. (The staffs have certificates of good conduct, license for professional practice and have signed the child protection code of conduct)
- Provision of technical support to staffs in the implementation of rehabilitation activities such as provision of assistive and mobility devices as well as facilitating training on wheelchair repair and maintenance.
- Coordinating, supporting and monitoring the team of Community Workers to ensure there’s smooth implementation of the different rehabilitation components as per the project documents
- Supporting in recruitment and induction of new staffs in the rehabilitation program as well as ensuring there is good rapport among the staffs and that the safety of staffs and clients at the rehabilitation centers is ensured.
- Maintaining and establishing contacts with health centers, schools and work places as well as collaborating with other team members in implementation of project activities to PWDs
- Support in managing the day to day activities of the rehabilitation program by delegating tasks and responsibilities to the rehabilitation staffs
- Supervising and monitoring the rehabilitation staffs to ensure they are aware of their roles and responsibilities and meeting regularly with the staffs to review their performance and progress
- Supported in organizing training programs for the CBR staffs
- Maintain a constant and efficient flow of information to the staffs
- Monitoring and ensuring there is proper documentation and record keeping by rehabilitation staffs for tracking progress, accountability and performance
- Developed and ensured that there are proper and well understood tools for collecting and monitoring information by staffs
- Ensured that there is proper handling, use and maintenance of equipment’s and appliances at the rehabilitation centers and in the field offices
- Coordinating and mobilizing resources at the station level for use by the staffs at the rehabilitation centers in the camps
- Keeping inventory of assets and equipment’s in use by the rehabilitation staffs in the camps
- Engaging the mid-level therapists and technical community staffs in practical sessions in management of clients with various musculoskeletal disorders and physical injuries at the rehabilitation centers and in Health Institutions e.g. (IRC Hospital) in the camps
- Recommending relevant trainings for the rehabilitation staffs to improve on their skills and knowledge in disability as they serve persons with disabilities in the camps.
- Supporting in capacity building staffs and clients/family/caretakers on correct posture, adaptation and environment modification in order to increase client’s participation in daily activities
- Ensuring there is adherence to the World Health Organization (WHO) Community Based Rehabilitation guidelines for provision of services to persons with disability in emergency settings by staffs as well as the CBR matrix approach in provision of services to persons with disabilities in the camps.
- Ensuring that stakeholders are involved in each stage of the management cycle and are well informed of accomplishments and new developments in the program
- Monitoring and implementing project activities together with other team members as per the work plan
- Contributed in developing concept notes and proposals, implementation also writing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the project
- Ensuring that the rights based approach, community based approach and the psychosocial approach are incorporated in provision of services to PWDs by the rehabilitation staffs in the camp
- Ensuring that UN policies on rights of persons with disabilities are integrated in the CBR program in the camp and the rights of persons with disability according to the Kenyan constitution
- Supporting in creating awareness in the community on disability issues through campaigns and observing international days for persons with disabilities
- Supporting and organizing trainings to the community on inclusion and mainstreaming of persons with disabilities in the camps
- Represented the organization in interagency and sectorial coordination meetings done in the camp along with being a member of the working group for Persons with Specific Needs (PSN) that advocates for the rights of PWDs in the camp
Bachelors of Science in occupational Therapy, Jomo Kenyatta
University of Agriculture and Technology, School of Medicine. Awaiting
2006 – 2009 Diploma in Occup
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic from KMTC
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Orthopedic is an added advantage
- Registered and licensed by a relevant professional body.
Skills and competencies:
- Good Knowledge of proposal writing and Report writing is a requirement.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Good knowledge of human rights (UN-convention on rights of Pwds)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 years Minimal Practical Experience.
- Experience gained working with an International Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in hardship, marginalized areas or emergency setting
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language both written and spoken.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Closing by 5th February 2021
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.