Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Education Officer-Curriculum Support and Quality Assurance
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2021
Duration of contract: 1 year
Reports to: Quality Services Manager
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Djibouti Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Education Officer- Curriculum Support and Quality Assurance
The Education Officer – Curriculum Support and Quality Assurance will assist and support the Quality Services Manager in the management of the Quality Service programmatic area by among other duties establishing minimum education standards in the schools in the refugee camps in line with Ministry of education, UNICEF quality standards and EiE standards. Specifically, the position holder will work with the Monitoring Evaluations, Accountability and Communications officer, Primary Education Officer, Inclusive Education Officer, Early Years Education Officer and Teacher tutors/Coaches and the EARC team in developing inclusive education indicator tracking tools, conducting regular school visits to assess progress on education indicators schools. The incumbent will work closely with the Sub-County Education office in Quality Assurance and Standards to ensure regular standard school assessment and regular monitoring visits, preparation, registration and presentation of learners for national assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provide technical leadership in curriculum implementation, monitoring and tracking of learning outcomes for Inclusive Education Officer, Primary Education Officer and Early Years Education Officer.
- Responsible for; establishing, maintaining and improving curriculum implementation standards and quality in all schools.
- Responsible for interpretation and implementation of MoE policies in schools
- Provide technical support to all teacher in development and implementation of Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) and support Head teachers in development of curriculum based establishment.
- Extend technical support to all teachers – Kenyans and refugee teachers – guide on instructional materials, methodologies and evaluation of instruction.
- Ensure both supervisor and supervisee provide the learning centres with information, evaluation about schools, teachers, providing advice, assistance and feedback.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the organization and implementation of co-curriculum activities in the schools in line with MoE co-curriculum activities calendar
- Vetting of all teachers and other education staff to ensure they comply with National curriculum standards
- In Liaison with KNEC and other examination bodies ensure KCPE, ECDE and diploma teacher education examination teaching practice or conducted smoothly.
- Coordination internal school assessment to measure learners’ progressive achievement towards achieving quality learning outcomes
- Be the custodian of policy formulation and implementation on matters related to Curriculum Quality
- Working with the teacher tutors develop tools for teacher performance appraisal in line with TSC Teacher Professional Development model
- To organize for both short term (pedagogical skills development) and long term (professional certified) training programs for teachers
- In charge of equitable deployment of teachers in schools along the parameters of gender, training and nationality
- With the support of teacher tutors, support teachers in developing and embracing learner centred teaching approaches and strategies
- Advising the QS manager on all matters quality of education and lead in ensuring LWF education interventions are informed and align to MoE policy direction.
- In charge of assessing child safeguarding measures and ensuring schools are safe learning spaces for all children irrespective of their ability and/or lack of it.
Professional Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in education, plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian education programming including 2 years in refugee context
- Technical expertise in curriculum implementation.
- Proven academic or working experience in education tests and measures.
- Technical expertise in education in emergencies (EiE)
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
- A very good understanding of Comprehensive School Safety or Disaster Management
- Experience in proposal and report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage.
- Sound understanding of CBC is key to the position/
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2021