Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job description: Communications and Fundraising Lead
Hours: Full-time 9:00am-5.00pm / 35 hours per week
Office: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Communications & Advocacy Director
About Xavier Project
Xavier Project is registered as an NGO in Uganda, an International NGO in Kenya and a company and charity in UK. All operations are in Kenya and Uganda, but a proportion of funding is raised in the UK.
Xavier Project’s implementation model promotes building holistic partnerships with Refugee Led Organisations (RLOs) across East Africa through which we promote community-led learning, community capacity-strengthening and enterprise development. We act as facilitators, supporting the RLOs to deliver education services and scale-out enterprise within their communities. We have supported over twelve RLOs in six different locations in Kenya and Uganda. Through community-led solutions, we aspire to provide more refugee children with access to quality learning, delivered in environments that are safe and inclusive, and foster social, emotional and extra-curricular learning. This is done through various innovative programmes such as tablet-based learning programme for primary school children, online-based learning programme for out-of-school youth or outreach programme aiming to improve the access of refugee children with disabilities to quality education. Xavier Project partners with a wide range of Institutional Donors, Foundations and Trusts.
The Communications & Fundraising Lead will be a core member of the communications team which seeks to increase the visibility and impact of Xavier Project’s work in partnership with refugee communities. This will be done through the development and delivery of communications, advocacy and fundraising campaigns, and partnerships, as well as the delivery of engaging reports and content for online and offline channels. The ideal candidate will be creative, ambitious and hardworking. A significant part of this role will be nurturing our existing community of supporters/networks and seeking out opportunities to grow our supporter base.
The role will be based in Nairobi but will be required to work closely with teams, partners and networks (volunteers etc.) across East Africa and the UK.
– Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
– Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral)
– Knowledge of design packages including Adobe Creative Suite – Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Canva
– Experience of developing communications and marketing assets in line with brand guidelines, including reports, presentations, printed materials
– Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders and partners.
– A good understanding of social media/online marketing channels and experience of managing pages
– A good understanding of online marketing tools, including Google Analytics, SEO etc.
-An ability to work respectfully and sensitively with vulnerable individuals and consideration in the handling and distribution of content
– Good knowledge of MS Office
– Excellent team player
– Willing to travel within East Africa
Desired but not essential:
– Experience of working in the field of international development
– Experience of collecting and editing photography and film content
– Experience of working with media/in press relations
– Experience of WordPress and Mailchimp
– A keen interest in news, current affairs and global trends
– Spoken and written Kiswahilli
Roles & responsibilities
– Contribute creatively to the development of communications, fundraising and advocacy campaigns
– Maximise the fundraising contribution of existing supporters by providing a high level of supporter care on an on-going basis
– Tailored support to our donor audiences – develop and maintain communications with supporter base and provide reports and updates that ensure that our community is active and feels involved
– Developing regular donor reports with the support of the programme team to prove the success and impact of Xavier Project’s work
– Developing engaging content for online and offline – graphics, photography and/or video – to increase reach and engagement from audiences.
– Working across the brand to keeping communications consistent and support the implementation of brand guidelines
– Identifying and securing partnerships with other agencies, organisations, brands and media
– Keeping the Xavier Project website updated with news, blogs and stories of our work in East Africa
– Supporting with the collection of content from our programmes and community partners – including conducting interviews, written reports, as well as photography and film.
– Support other team members to ensure the success of all Xavier Project hosted events and that the team meets income and expenditure targets
– Ensure reporting deadlines are being met across teams
– To take ownership and responsibility for third party fundraising from individuals, groups and schools as well as regularly researching new prospects to approach for fundraising asks and provide outstanding stewardship and support
– Support with the briefing and training of volunteers/interns who join the communications team for temporary work placements
– Work in partnership with other fundraising teams and partner organisations to maximise on the fundraising potential of our supporters
– Support and encourage improved sharing of knowledge and information internally and across Xavier Project teams
Please apply through our Google application form – HERE
In addition, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Communications & Fundraising Lead in the email title. Please ensure the name in the email title matches the name you have given here. Please also attach to the email a small portfolio that gives us an example of your design, photography and/or film experience (max. 2 pages)
Applicants are urged to apply as soon as they can and not wait until the deadline of 16th February 2021 if possible. Please also include the names and contact details of two referees in your CV. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on what we do please visit http://www.xavierproject.org.
Xavier Project is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, colour, origin, gender or disability. This is a secure form and your application will only be read by Xavier Project’s selection panel for this position and the Xavier Project Human Resources department.