Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: LEGAL COUNSEL, (JSG 3)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 5/2021
Number of Positions: One (1)
Terms of Service: Pensionable Terms
Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 283,000 –360,600 p.m.
The jobholder will be responsible for conducting research, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, preparation of litigation documents and legal contracts.
The Job holder will be responsible to the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary
Area of Deployment:
Office of the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary
- Conducting research on relevant laws and putting in place measures to implement policy decisions of the Judiciary;
- Ensuring that the Judiciary complies with all applicable laws, regulations and procedures and continually update the Chief Registrar on any change of law;
- Providing legal support to all the units under the office of the Chief Registrar;
- Reviewing of legal documents with a view to ensuring that they comply with the law;
- Undertake litigation in court cases for and against the Office of the Chief Registrar and the Judiciary;
- Representing the Judiciary in Arbitral proceedings in matters where the Judiciary is a party;
- Liaise with the Office of the Attorney General and External Advocates in matters where they are representing the Judiciary;
- Undertake and oversee the preparation of conveyancing documents and processes for the Judiciary; and
- Preparing and review of legal contracts.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelors’ degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Professional Membership of Kenya Law Society or any other recognized professional body of good standing;
- A Senior Management Course from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets requirements of Chapter Six (6)of the Constitution.
- Minimum of 9 years’ relevant experience in a Legal Environment;
- At least 3 years in Middle Management Level;
- Prior experience working on legal matters including but not limited to litigation, legal drafting, legal research and analysis shall be an added advantage.
Core Job Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills;and
- Organizational, Planning skills and Results-oriented
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https://www.jsc.go.ke/index.php/careers/. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- A letter of application;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any), community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), past and present and legal/professional engagement;
- Names of three (3) professional references and two (2) character references who can verify and comment about the applicant’s past and present employment or engagement;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs
- Certified copies of admission certificate to the roll of advocates, testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts(Applicable only to applicants in the legal field)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Law Society of Kenya (for applicants in the legal field)
- Advocates Complaints Commission (for applicants in the legal field)
Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form
JSC Forms Downloads
- Income and Liabilities Declaration Form
- JSC 2 FORM (Non-public office holders)
- JSC 2A FORM (Public Officers)
and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (1 a to e) above. Job Reference number and title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 –00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180.
Commission Secretariat: Podium Floor, Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road, Nairobi CBD,
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 17THFEBRUARY, 2021 AT 5.00PM.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.