Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Development Officer is a part-time contract position that reports directly to the Executive Director. The Development Officer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process, management of proposals and maintaining a donor database.
- Support ED in development and management of an annual fundraising program
- Support ED in building relationships with individuals and organisations to secure philanthropic support.
- Develop, create and continue to improve monthly fundraising reports to ED.
- Build and maintain database of existing and potential funding partners and a schedule for how to engage with them
- Conduct prospecting research from internal and external sources to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants and/or donor relationships
- Develop a grants strategy
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
- Research and collect data relevant to each grant
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and compile supporting documents
- Manage the proposal submission process to completion; ensuring timely submission of all required materials
- Follow up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development; nonprofit experience a plus
- Demonstrable record of having written successful grant proposals
- Knowledge of technology applications for social impact, crowdsourcing an advantage
- Experience with writing grant applications to Private Foundations (Ford, Rockefeller, Gates, etc), Multilateral funders such as USAID, DFID, SIDA. Proven experience with African funding sources a major plus
- Detail-oriented, organized and deadline-driven
- Able to synthesize large volumes of information, and obtain input from multiple sources to reliably deliver high-quality proposals on time
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear, precise and compelling proposals
- Superior attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Location: The role will need at least 4 hours of overlap with East Africa Time
- Hours: The number of working days per month is expected to be in the 8-12 range
- The contractor will be required to submit comprehensive timesheets for the period worked and payment will be contingent on achieving mutually agreed milestones
- Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled