Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenyan Medical Research Institute, Center for Global Health Research (KEMRI-CGHR), has been selected to participate in a seven country Multi-Center study that will quantify the burden of Shigella diarrhea among infants and young children in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia to inform future Shigella vaccine trials. KEMRI-CGHR working in collaboration with the Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents, and Children at the University of Washington and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will participate in the Enterics for Global Health (EFGH)-Shigella study.The EFGH-Shigella project represents an extension of the Global Enteric Multicenter Study (GEMS) and the Vaccine Impact Assessment on Diarrhea in Africa (VIDA). The project is pleased to announce the following vacant position(s):
Position: Research Scientist; J/G KMR6
Vacant Position(s): 3 (three)
Location: Siaya County, Kenya
Reports to: Principal Investigator (PI)
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: -Social Science, Applied Sciences, Education, Public Health, Biostatistics, any relevant Social Studies, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Be a self-motivated individual interested in developing research proposals
- Demonstrated interested in working on diarrhea research and to be mentored in scientific writing in the same field
- Able to work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.
- Poses a valid Certificate in Good Clinical Practice
- Be proficient in the use of computers.Good statistic analytical skills and experience of using at least one statistical package will be an advantage.
- Fluency in both English and Dholuo, written and spoken, and good interpersonal communication skills
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one-year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications MUST include the following:
- A cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume’ or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of certificates and testimonials
- Three letters of reference with contact information (phone and email)
- Must fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications should be sent through email@example.com no later than 15th February, 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted