Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Popote Pay
For both formal and informal businesses in emerging economies, managing their finances and, in particular, their expenses is a daily challenge. Lacking the right solution, businesses are forced to use cash (risky and expensive), cheques (slow), mobile money (designed for personal use) and bank transfers (costly, only optimal for larger transactions, and ignores the large number of unbanked in emerging markets). This fragmented approach leaves business owners and managers drowning in admin as they try to reconcile, track and account for payments whilst at the same time ensuring good financial controls are in place. The resulting friction consumes time and energy distracting executives from more valuable tasks, enables fraud, destroys productivity and depresses growth.
Popote Pay is the first business application to unify payments with expense management and accounting tools, giving businesses a single environment in which to manage all their finances as well as obtain the working capital they need from time to time.
This incredibly exciting, forward-thinking and innovative company is looking to hire their Kenyan leadership team. They are looking for a Managing Director to run and manage all aspects of the business in Kenya.
If you are an entrepreneurially minded leader who relishes the challenges of the start-up world and would like to be flanking the helm of one of the country’s most exciting growing companies this could be the opportunity for you.
About the role
As part of the senior leadership team, the Country Managing Director will build the company into a market leader and prominent brand by developing and implementing strategies covering all aspects of the company.
The main objectives will be development and leadership of the team; customer acquisition, performance, and retention; continued strategic development and product-market fit; expanding the value proposition of the business; internal controls and efficiency; and, rapidly scaling total transaction values conducted on the platform.
The role reports to the Group CEO / Founder and comes with a competitive remuneration package including stock options.
- Develop as well as execute strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
- Meet and exceed company’s growth, customer acquisition, revenue and profit goals while also contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Accomplish subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Aggressively build companies’ client and partnership base through leading teams as well as personally engaging and closing key and strategic deals including government arms, large auditors, registrars, and other disbursers of bulk funds.
- Engage banks at top executive level, presenting to stakeholders, preparing and executing contracts, overseeing integration and deployment within timelines, and hereafter maximizing the opportunity by deployment to the bank’s customer base.
- Responsible for software development opportunities, defining the scope of customization, quoting for such customization and overseeing its execution and deployment in fixed timelines.
- Acquire partnerships and large key clients by tapping into SME, accounting, and other networks where large numbers of target markets can be captured.
- Coordinate operational efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices as well as coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees along with being the public face of the company in Kenya. Presenting and evangelizing at events both internal and external and in media.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Keep pace with professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure Company’s compliance within the ever-changing regulatory environment in addition to enforcing ethical business practices.
- Seek new opportunities, know where technology and trends are going to keep ahead of the curve.
- Report to the Group CEO and the Board on progress against strategy milestones and with management accounts.
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in banking, technology, telecoms, business development, or other related fields with at least 5 years at a senior management level.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with an understanding of how to scale a business.
- Proven track record of building high performing teams and strong leadership skills to influence teams toward achieving business goals.
- Strong relationship building capability with keen focus on retention and account growth for key clients.
- Good appreciation of SME operational and financial pain points.
- Proven leadership of B2B marketing and sales teams.
- Past startup experience/company launch experience would be an added advantage.
Apply by 15 February 2021
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply.