Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Popote Pay
For both formal and informal businesses in emerging economies, managing their finances and, in particular, their expenses is a daily challenge. Lacking the right solution, businesses are forced to use cash (risky and expensive), cheques (slow), mobile money (designed for personal use) and bank transfers (costly, only optimal for larger transactions, and ignores the large number of unbanked in emerging markets). This fragmented approach leaves business owners and managers drowning in admin as they try to reconcile, track and account for payments whilst at the same time ensuring good financial controls are in place. The resulting friction consumes time and energy distracting executives from more valuable tasks, enables fraud, destroys productivity, and depresses growth.
Popote Pay is the first business application to unify payments with expense management and accounting tools, giving businesses a single environment in which to manage all their finances as well as obtain the working capital they need from time to time.
This incredibly exciting, forward-thinking, and innovative company is looking to hire its leadership team. They are looking for a senior executive to run and manage business development through affiliates and partnerships (i.e. excluding direct sales)
If you are an entrepreneurially minded leader who relishes the challenges of the start-up world and would like to be flanking the helm of one of the country’s most exciting growing companies this could be the opportunity for you.
About the role
The Head of BD Affiliates and Partnerships will collaborate closely with the leadership team to build the company into a market leader and prominent brand, by developing and implementing strategies covering all aspects of customer acquisition through affiliates and partners. Their main target will be the number of quality partnerships established and success in acquiring business customers within Popote’s chosen market segment.
The role reports to the Country Managing Director and works closely with the Head of Business Development, Direct to Market.
- Aggressively build company’s client base through discovering customer acquisition partnerships, nurturing and closing them, including with auditing firms, professional bodies, banks, telcos, financial coaches, etc.
- Be part of the executive team responsible for bank and other strategic partnerships; engaging at top executive level, presenting to stakeholders, preparing and executing contracts, overseeing integration and deployment within timelines. Thereafter maximizing the opportunity by deployment to the bank or partner’s customer base.
- Develop expertise in the use of the company’s solutions in order to effectively develop and deliver product training sessions to partners and affiliates and the customers they introduce.
- Organize and represent the company to partners and affiliates client or member bases i.e. large groups of target audience at both internal and external events and functions.
- Actively seek out media opportunities to increase awareness of the company’s products. Manage relations with press/media and to identify trends, partnerships & sponsorships.
- Be an active driver and participant in the creation of advertising collateral, budgeting, and deployment on both digital and traditional media.
- Innovate out of the box ways to promote the company’s brand and product at minimal cost and maximum impact.
- Build the company image by collaborating with stakeholders: customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Seek new opportunities, know where related technology and trends are headed.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Keep up with professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in leading a high performing commercial team.
- Proven resilience and tolerance to stay the course given the typical long sales cycle at this level.
- A genuine interest in technology and how it can improve the ways businesses function.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C technology or other related sales at a high level or mass scale.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Past startup experience/company launch experience would be an added advantage.
Apply by 15 February 2021
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply.