Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Popote Pay
For both formal and informal businesses in emerging economies, managing their finances and, in particular, their expenses is a daily challenge. Lacking the right solution, businesses are forced to use cash (risky and expensive), cheques (slow), mobile money (designed for personal use) and bank transfers (costly, only optimal for larger transactions, and ignores the large number of unbanked in emerging markets). This fragmented approach leaves business owners and managers drowning in admin as they try to reconcile, track and account for payments whilst at the same time ensuring good financial controls are in place. The resulting friction consumes time and energy distracting executives from more valuable tasks, enables fraud, destroys productivity and depresses growth.
Popote Pay is the first business application to unify payments with expense management and accounting tools, giving businesses a single environment in which to manage all their finances as well as obtain the working capital they need from time to time.
This incredibly exciting, forward-thinking, and innovative company is looking to hire their leadership team. They are looking for a senior executive to run and manage all direct to customer business development (i.e. excluding indirect via partnerships).
If you are an entrepreneurially minded leader who relishes the challenges of the start-up world and would like to be flanking the helm of one of the country’s most exciting growing companies this could be the opportunity for you.
About the role
The Head of BD Direct to Market will collaborate closely with the leadership team to build the company into a market leader and prominent brand by developing and implementing strategies to rapidly accelerate customer acquisition and penetration by managing all aspects of direct to market sales. Their main target will be the number of customers acquired within Popote’s chosen market segment.
The role reports to the Country Managing Director and works closely with the Head of Business Development, Affiliates and Partnerships.
- Build a highly effective business development and sales team by selecting, recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising results; developing incentives and providing educational opportunities.
- Aggressively build companies’ client base by leading a sales and business development team as well as personally engaging and closing key and strategic deals including government arms, large auditors, registrars, and other disbursers of bulk funds.
- Develop expertise in use of the company’s solutions in order to effectively develop and deliver product training sessions to customers as well as the company’s employees.
- Design an online and offline lead generation engine and sales process to maximize customer acquisition rate, return on investment in sales and marketing, as well as total transactions values on the platform
- Lead direct marketing to the spectrum of the company’s target market, primarily businesses, and nonprofits.
- Organize and represent the company to large groups of target audiences at both internal and external events and functions.
- Actively seek out media opportunities to increase awareness of the company’s products.
- Be an active driver and participant in the creation of advertising collateral, budgeting, and deployment on both digital and traditional media.
- Innovate out of the box ways to promote the company’s brand and product at minimal cost and maximum impact.
- Build the company image by collaborating with stakeholders: customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Seek new opportunities, know where related technology and trends are headed.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Keep up with professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Does this sound like you?
- Proven track record of selling to enterprise customers through a consultative sales process.
- Demonstrable experience managing and motivating a high performing commercial/sales team.
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing and sales techniques with the ability to drive target achievement in a highly competitive environment.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C technology or other sales at a high level or mass scale.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Past startup experience/Company launch experience would be an added advantage.
Apply by 15 February 2021
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply.