Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Africa Controller reports to the VP Finance EMEA and is responsible for actively managing the accounting function, external and internal financial audits, internal management reporting as well as Statutory Accounting and Reporting. The position is responsible for ensuring the preparation and analysis of all financial reports meet the needs of the organization and comply with all applicable regulations. This position must maintain an in depth, and up to date knowledge and understanding of both US GAAP and international Accounting principles. Additionally, this position will play a role in and have fiduciary responsibility in EMEA for compliance and protecting the interests of Cepheid and its subsidiaries. As a member of Cepheid’s team, you will be responsible for advising management of potential changes in accounting regulations or practices that may impact international operations and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all Africa Accounting, including accounting close, balance sheet and Statutory Accounting/Reporting. This will include Credit mgmt., collections and Revenue recognition
- Coach, Manage and develop a team of professional accountants, ensure the staff is adequately trained on Company standard work, procedures have adequate development plans in place.
- Controllership of US GAAP obligations including leading, reviewing and coordinating the month end close including balance sheet reconciliations, reporting and statistical requirements in accordance with guidelines provided by Corporate.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the financial statement including the balance sheet. All balance sheet accounts are in scope including AR. All audits expected to be satisfactory, consistent with the rating of the past three years
- Responsible for the monthly close for all AFrica entities in accordance with US GAAP while ensuring proper maintenance of statutory financials including, reviewing and approving monthly journal entries, the preparation of monthly flux and interfacing with Corporate Accounting and the external auditors.
- Responsible for ensuring Company is compliant with all local statuary reporting requirements and that obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner. This includes all local sales and use tax activity, VAT/GST activity and filing of locally audited country financial statements.
- Managing the accounting on Indirect Tax and Customs, with the support of the team and external consultants
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable international and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure Transfer Pricing initiatives are managed and followed at all levels.
- Drive continuous process improvements within the Africa Accounting Team, in line with best practices
- Contribute to the global execution of key Global strategic initiatives & projects.
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers. Responsible for coordination of team deliverables for audits (internal and external
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time.
- As a people manager, ensuring your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- CPA or equivalent in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years in accounting with at least 3 years in a US environment
- International experience or having worked directly with multiple foreign locations and reporting
- Accounting : US GAAP knowledge
- Audit firm 3 years preferred
- Fluent in English
Knowledge and skills:
- Leadership experience : play an active role in all management meetings and drive the adequate behavior from the management team to ensure compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- Solid organizational skills: task prioritization and effective time management.
- A proactive self-starter with a desire to learn, innovative inquisitive mindset & ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proactive and flexible on deadlines / be able to turnaround quickly with answers
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Excels in Global high performing, collaborative, diverse & agile environment
- Needs to be able to think strategically to pre-empt/adapt to a dynamic market
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.