Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
CIFF and our grantees work in the most challenging areas with an aim to find high impact solutions. This requires special skills, staying power and a learning culture. We realise that at times, our grantees may not have the time, capacity or funding to develop strategies, build internal systems, cultivate governance and foster leadership – all of which are critical to creating impact on ground.
In order to do this, CIFF has set up an Organisational Development (OD) function to provide capacity building support to its grantees taking into account specific needs in different organisations. It is our intention to offer not just usual support such as building a robust back office, strengthening management teams and governance processes but also extend value – add in areas such as strategic planning, operating model, monitoring and evaluation, digital strategy, Diversity Equity & Inclusion.
The OD function works both internally to provide guidance and consulting support to Sector teams, as well as externally make grants for capacity building and strengthening our strategic grantees. It also supports Sector teams in setting up new non-profit organisations that are established by CIFF to implement novel ideas critical to achieving our strategic goals and priorities. OD function also bring in latest trends on organisational development by exchanging ideas and lessons with others in the field.
Main purpose of the role:
To build and manage high quality portfolio of OD investment proposals and active OD grants with particular focus on our Africa grantees to support delivery of the CIFF Africa strategy and priorities. Working closely with Director OD and Executive Director Africa, the person will be responsible to identify capacity building needs of our Africa grantees and develop a plan to address these in the most effective manner. Work as project lead to set up new grantees in Africa (where needed) to achieve sector strategy and cohort capacity building of Africa grantees providing high quality planning, inputs and project management through the process.
· The role is based in Nairobi and managed by the Director, Organisational Development based in New Delhi. It will have dotted line reporting to ED Africa.
It will have direct interactions and coordination with other Managers/Directors based in Nairobi, Addis Ababa and London.
Strategy & planning
· Prepare and present high quality analysis and research as required to support in determining future OD priorities for Africa grantees and design OD investments.
Programme development, delivery & performance
· Manage and provide high quality support to design and implement CIFF OD interventions for Africa grantees.
- Provide high quality support to implement CIFF start-up methodology to new grantees being established or those being spin off from other organisations/platforms
- Guide sector teams in different stages of establishment, ensure legal, finance, IT requirements are followed during the process
- Link new grantee with relevant CIFF teams for advice and with empanelled service providers for strategic planning, legal advice and operational support (company formation, tax registration, accounting, payroll etc).
· Against key corporate and Programme Team indicators and targets, monitor and report internally on the performance of assigned OD investments
· Apply agreed due diligence and risk management protocols appropriately throughout the development and delivery of proposals and programmes, to ensure the interests and reputation of the Foundation are protected.
· With the advice and guidance of the Africa team where appropriate, Evidence, Measurement and Evaluation Business Partner, identify and embed appropriate monitoring and evaluation processes to all proposals and programmes.
· Conduct regular reviews of the progress and performance of OD investments under delivery to identify problems and delays, and work with grantees to develop effective solutions (escalating to more senior colleagues for support and intervention, where required).
· Identify opportunities and options for improving processes, procedures and OD grant management approaches within (and beyond) the team, to support increased organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
Sector knowledge and profile-building
· Keep abreast of developments in the Organisational Development space, establishing appropriate information gathering networks and channels to deepen professional knowledge and skills.
· As required (and in consultation with the Director OD) contribute to the development of thought leadership, PR, marketing and advocacy materials, to support CIFF’s ambitions to scale-up, mainstream and leverage additional support for its initiatives.
Stakeholder and partner management
· Conduct rigorous research and evaluation of potential partners, using agreed corporate protocols and techniques, to assess their suitability and credentials for collaborating on CIFF initiatives.
· Apply CIFF’s agreed account management and CRM disciplines and approaches in all dealings with programme partners and stakeholders, to ensure productive and professional relationships are maintained in a coordinated and strategic manner.
Qualifications & Experience
· Post Graduate level or equivalent in relevant specialism like Organisational Development, Business Management
· Demonstrable experience in project management, change management, analysis and planning is a must
· Demonstrable experience in setting up new organisations/managing start up’s would be a major advantage
· Ability to speak and write articulately about OD interventions and gain credibility with a variety of audiences.
· Strong commercial understanding and financial literacy to analyse investments, grants and incoming proposals
· Keen interest in the mission of CIFF is essential. First hand experience of non- profit organisations would be an advantage but is not essential
· Ability to work in multicultural environment
· A self-starter, with resilience, pace, and interpersonal flexibility.
· An innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution oriented mindset
· Strong influencing skills
· Belief in the importance of evidence-based decision making
· Willingness to travel regularly.
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
· IT proficiency (most specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)