Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
GRADE 5, ((REF: GWASCO/HR/RMO/01/2021/13)/1 post.
Reports to Technical Manager.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the job holder will be responsible for management of Company records from various departments and schemes in the centralized records center. Ensure availability, organization, safety and disposal of records.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Ensuring that all records are well-kept both hard and soft copy, backed up, secured and easily
- accessible when required by authorized persons. The records include but not limited to: Internal and external communication, all commercial and technical records, personnel, asset registers including title deeds and agreement/easements.
- Ensuring that mail and documents received are appropriately filed and marked to action officers;
- Ensuring receipt and proper dispatch of mails and maintaining related registers;
- Responsible for maintaining data into the database, classifying and processing records.
- Handle requests for records needed in an efficient manner.
- Compiling relevant Company records for use by various stakeholder as and when required;
- Open files; carry out classification, indexing and cataloguing of records.
- Attend to database queries to track records and meet internal customers’ needs.
- Ensuring security and safety of information/files/documents in the Company and registry archives and;
- Up-dating and maintaining up-to-date file movement records and tracking;
- Safeguard and maintain records impacted by litigation
- Uphold Records and Business confidentiality by ensuring controlled access and responsible sharing of records.
- Develop and maintain appropriate document tracking and finding aid.
- Ensure order and organization of records stored at the records center.
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Job specification: requirements for Appointment (academic/professional qualification/experience)
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Records Management, Information Management, Library Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Computer literacy skills, Certificate in Computer Applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook) internet skills
- Three (3) years relevant experience in records and archives Management, information management or data management.
- iKnowledge of records/information management in the water and sewerage services sector.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of service
Three Years Contract.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to apply:–
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3880 -40200,