Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
GRADE 4, (REF: GWASCO/HR/SO/01/2021/16)
Reports to The Managing Director
The Position is responsible for securing premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance; inspecting the stores, equipment, and access points and permitting entry
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Overseeing security operation in the Company including safeguarding Company assets, employees and their property;
- Advising the Managing Director on all matters appertaining to security;
- Ensuring the provision of efficient and effective security services to safeguard the Company’s resources and stakeholders against threats;
- Putting in place appropriate controls for all admissions within the GWASCO’s operational areas and offices;
- Monitoring and conducting surveillance on all GWASCO Water Supply areas, stores, assets and offices;
- Putting in place appropriate measures and mitigation to act as deterrents to criminals and risks against Company’s property;
- Ensuring reduced crime prevalence through prevention, detection, and investigation strategies;
- Ensuring protection of life and property within GWASCO premises;
- Protecting the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Ensuring security of the parking area;
- Ensuring all the doors around the offices are properly locked after working hours; and
- Monitoring the alarms and make arrangement for evacuation in case of emergency;
- Responding to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Performing related work as may be required.
Job specification: requirements for Appointment (academic/professional qualification/experience)
- Three years work experience in comparable and relevant position;
- Bachelors degree in Security Management, Criminology, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Served in Disciplined forces;
- Physically, mentally and medically fit;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Terms of Service
Three Years Contract
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to apply:–
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles
above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National
Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your
current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by
10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3880 -40200,