Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a proficient Monitoring Associate to support design, coordinate and implement monitoring frameworks of GAIN programmes and projects.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Monitoring Associate will provide monitoring support to the Kenya team to design, coordinate and implement the monitoring framework of the Programme. This position will report to the Kenya Head of Programmes.
This role is offered on a fixed term contract of up to 2 years subject to funding.
Role specifics will include;
- Support GAIN country and KL team to develop results frameworks/logical frameworks and monitoring plans, develop and ensure adequate use monitoring tools for GAIN Kenya projects.
- Quality assure and oversee the collection of routine monitoring data by implementing agencies and governments to track progress of programme activities towards objectives.
- Contribute to analysis of information collected and support all dissemination efforts including writing reports, briefs and other materials.
- Support dissemination of results while keeping GAIN project management team and the country director regularly updated on project status (on track or off track) with critical analyses and possible solutions to challenges based on interactions with partner organizations.
- Ensure appropriate completion and systematic storage for general project documents as well as datasets and assessment specific documentation.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, with great attention to detail and accuracy. You must also have previous experience in management, documentation and analysis of quantitative data, including the use of data management and statistical analysis software.
- Minimum Masters level training in nutrition, public health, or a suitable equivalent.
- Experience in the development and operationalization of result frameworks and monitoring plans.
- Experience in analysis and use of monitoring data for management of nutrition / health programs.
- Design, conduct, and dissemination of implementation research or programme monitoring is an asset.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working and home working. We will support you to grow in your career through formal and informal professional development opportunities and we offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.