Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Business IT Security Officer (BISO)/IT Security Consultant role is critical to increasing and then maintaining security maturity across the Save The Children Association (SCA), allowing it to meet its obligations under Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus as a minimum standard for information security. The role reports to the Global CISO and Head of Data Protection who is responsible for SCAs IT Security maturity and global compliance.
The BISO/IT Security Consultant will act as primary contact for information security matters for SCA Member organisations and SCI within the region to which they are assigned and offer independent objective advice, guidance and support for the senior leadership teams and functional teams. They will also be required to lead or assist the incident management processes both in SCI and SCA Members.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Degree level qualification in relevant Information Security and/or relevant experience (3-5 years) within IT Security consultancy/analyst role (essential)
• ISO27001 Lead Implementer or other IT Security certification CISSP, CISM (desirable)
• Recognised privacy qualifications e.g. CIPP, ISEB, C-DPO (desirable)
• Expert knowledge of the Cyber Essentials framework and ISO 27000, and a good understanding of other major IT Security frameworks (essential)
• In depth knowledge and experience of information technology and data management systems (essential)
• Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with people at all levels within SCI (essential)
• Experience in managing IT Security incidents and breaches (essential)
• Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and information security standards (essential)
• Experience in a similar role and understanding of the IT Security risks faced by a large data-driven organisation with the ability to conduct the role independently and with integrity (essential)
• Ability to make good judgements regarding IT Security risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks (essential)
• Experience in developing policy and compliance training (essential)
• Experience of working within a large global organisation (desirable)
• Ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership, and influence change (essential)
• Excellent writing and presentation skills (essential)
• Strong change and project management skills including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively, and handle multiple deadlines (essential)
• Ability to use independent judgement and discretion when making majority of decisions (essential)
• Detail-orientated approach needed to recommend and implement strategic improvements on a range of data privacy and data protection issues (essential)
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion (essential)
• Knowledge of PC applications, including MS Office (essential)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Deadline: 15 Feb 2021 – 07:59 EAT
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.