Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY: GRADE COB 5: 1
Reporting to the Chief Manager ICT, this position is responsible for development and
maintenance of the office of the Controller of Budget’s systems and infrastructure by
ensuring a functional and secure architecture.
• Coordinate the development of strategies to ensure network capacity meets the existing and future IT infrastructure requirements.
• Develop and implement an integrated ICT strategy, policies and standards in line with OCOB strategic plan
• Ensure compliance with service management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements and report noncompliance as appropriate.
• Coordinate, implement and maintain OCOB’s infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to best practice IT/Cyber security principles and approaches as well as guidelines and principles set forth by the National ICT Masterplan
• Promote the use of robust and efficient systems/processes focused on ICT leverage to improve efficiency, value addition and cost reduction
• Coordinate the documentation of systems, configuration and procedures to enhance knowledge-sharing and transfer
• Develop and implement guidelines on data protection, internet use, e-mail, security and ICT infrastructure as per the set standards and regulations
• Coordinate the development and implementation of ICT guidelines on distribution, installation, upgrade, maintenance and replacement of infrastructure and promote the use of cost effective ICT solutions
• Develop, implement and continuously review and document system security, back-up and recovery procedures
• Deploy and maintain the infrastructure to support exchequer automation
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies relevant to OCOB ICT operations
• Prepare technical specifications to facilitate procurement of ICT infrastructure that supports business applications across OCOB
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the Chief Manager ICT from time to time.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Applied Computing, Information Technology/Systems or its equivalent from a recognized University
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computing or any other IT related field from a recognized university
• Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), MCSE, CISM/CISA or PMP or
equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
• Must have at least 5 years relevant work experience 3 of which should be at a management level from a reputable organization
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL
• Leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team skills
• Knowledge of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
• Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
All positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful
candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter. Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit
1. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
2. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
4. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 16th February,
2021 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.