Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRINCIPAL MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER: GRADE COB 5: 1
Reporting to the Director Research & Planning, this position is responsible for
development and implementation of a framework for monitoring, evaluating and
reporting in line with the COB Act, 2016
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation
activities in line with the office of the Controller of Budget mandate
• Carry out Monitoring and Evaluation activities and prepare reports in
accordance with the COB Act, 2016
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of periodic field exercises on
monitoring and evaluation and prepare reports
• Develop and implement the work plan and budget for M/E activities
• Develop and implement policies, strategies and procedures for conducting
monitoring and evaluation in line with the COB Act, 2016
• Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation
• Manage partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders in monitoring
and evaluation as per the COB Act, 2016
• Develop, monitor and evaluate tracking tools in consultation with ICT
• Review budget planning documents including the Budget Policy Statement,
Budget Estimates, County Fiscal Strategy Papers and make recommendations
• Develop and implement a business continuity plan for the department
• Conduct annual, mid-term and end-term review of the OCOB strategic plan
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the Director Research & Planning from
time to time
Requirements for the position:
• Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics, Project Management, Business
Administration, Finance, Research or equivalent from a recognized university
• Bachelors Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Finance or
equivalent from a recognized university;
• Relevant Professional qualification e.g. M&E certification, Project planning,
Project Management or equivalent professional qualification.
• Must have at least 5 years relevant work experience 3 of which should be at a
management level from a reputable organization.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL
• Leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team skills
• Knowledge of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the Public Finance
Management Act, 2012.
• Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
All positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful
candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on
both the envelope and the cover letter. Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit
1. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
2. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
4. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 16th February,
2021 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.