Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RESEARCH OFFICER COB 7: 1 POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Research and Planning Officer, this position is responsible for
implementation of research policies, systems and procedures to guide research programs
in the office of the Controller of Budget. The position is also responsible for monitoring
implementation of strategic plan for the OCOB.
• Undertake objective research and analysis on budget implementation matters
• Prepare research papers and policy briefs on budget implementation.
• Identify areas of research and prepare concept papers
• Collect and collate data on budget implementation
• Develop and update database on macro-economic and fiscal indicators relating to budget implementation matters and prepare briefs
• Prepare departmental work plan in line with the strategic plan
• Implement statistical plans to guide data collection and sharing with stakeholders
• Draft guidelines for policy formulation in the office of the Controller of Budget
• Review draft policies, laws and regulations on budget implementation matters
• Carry out review of planning and budget documents including Budget Review Outlook Paper (BROP), Budget Policy Statement ( BPS), County Budget Review Outlook Paper (CBROP) County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP), and National Budget Estimates.
• Prepare progress reports on the implementation of strategic plans by the office of the Controller of Budget
• Implement the OCOB monitoring and evaluation framework in accordance with the COB Act, 2016
• Implement a business continuity plan for the department
• Any other relevant duties assigned by Senior Research and Planning Officer from time to time.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience in research and data analysis.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team skills
• Knowledge of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
• Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
All positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful
candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter. Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit
1. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
2. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
4. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 16th February,
2021 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.