Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an award-winning leadership incubator anchored on the belief that girls and young
women CAN and DO LEAD. Our mission is to nurture transformational feminist leadership, in girls and
young women, from underserved backgrounds to meet the urgent need for more African women in
We journey alongside adolescent girls and young women, supporting them in creating and
implementing solutions to their communities’ challenges. We build their capacity to lead, applying a
holistic approach that encompasses financial investment, intergenerational mentorship, movement-
building, and advocacy through education and leadership.
Akili Dada is seeking to recruit a Program Manager, who will ensure meticulous execution of Akili
Dada’s programmatic operations. Your primary responsibility will be to lead the program team,
facilitating coordination of all aspects of ongoing program and project implementation. Your role will
encompass program and project design; implementation and impact tracking ensuring that Akili Dada
meets her stakeholder expectations.
We run three programs at Akili Dada, which all have a different target groups, as well as different
objectives and milestones. This position will ensure that simultaneous implementation and adoption
of new programs is done seamlessly and collaboratively with each program lead, associates and
apprentices, further amplifying scale and sustainability.
REPORTS TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
• Lead the strategic design and implementation of Akili Dada programs in accordance with the
institutional mission, vision and goals.
• Lead the design of new and continuous improvement of existing Akili Dada programs while
ensuring that all programs maintain strategic focus and alignment.
• Lead the development, management and monitoring of both short term and long-term goals
including tracking of programmatic outcomes and impact.
• Manage the implementation of joint workplan including the developing a budget and
operating plan for all Akili Dada programs
• Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for
• Support the Executive team, in fundraising by providing technical lead and inputs on funding
proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
• Manage and grow the programs team talents and skills.
• Ensure goals are met in our focus thematic areas, including maintaining a girl-centered
approach to all program design and implementation
• Adopt, Implement and manage changes and interventions, to ensure program and project
goals are achieved
• Meet with all stakeholders to ensure accountability and transparency
• Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
• Analyze program risks and trouble shoot with recommendations on an ongoing basis
• Execute organizational and program strategy with the entire Akili Dada Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s degree preferred in International Development, Gender Studies, Community
Development or any related discipline.
• Proven 5-8 years of experience in program management.
• Proven experience in leading, motivating and managing a gender focused team.
• Experience in grant proposals, donor reporting and stakeholder management.
• Experience in using CRM software, particularly; salesforce.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Do we have working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders e.g.
• Has the programs team delivered on assigned work within timelines?
• Do we have approved work plans for all the programs?
• Is there a plan for all Programs in alignment to Akili Dada mission and vision?
• Are the activities for Akili dada programs implemented as per the plan?
• Do the program activities operate within estimated costs in budget allocation?
• Is there oversight, accountability and follow up/ monitor of the program activities based on its
objectives to identify any need and course of action?
• Are there monitoring and evaluation frameworks for all the programs?
Applications should be submitted on or before 15th February 202 1 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants should send a cover letter explaining how they fit into this role and a resume with