Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor: East Africa Regional Coordinator/ HQ Administrator
Duty station:** Nairobi, FADV office
Starting date:** April 2021
Duration of the assignment: 4** months
Deadline for application: 14th February 2021
Role and Responsibilities:
Ø Follow, maintain and coordinate all administrative filling of financial records and archiving
Ø Follow, maintain and coordinate the FADV Accountant and the Project Assistant on administrative matters
Ø Assist in the preparation and review of proposal budgets for all projects supported.
Ø Monitoring and evaluation to ensure that proper assessments of the financial systems and follow up on the recommendations of the monitoring reports
Ø Monitor actual expenditure versus budgets
Ø Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with the set standards and policies
Ø Verify the monthly payroll for the approval of the director and ensure all statutory deductions (NHIF, HELB, NSSF, and PAYE) are done accurately and submitted in time.
Ø Lead the budgeting and budget review process for the organization
Ø Prepare a yearly financial plan.
Ø Prepare monthly authorization for expenditure and a monthly fund requisition
Ø Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation (check Bank accounts and provide the Country Representative and the HQ Administrator with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations)
Ø Prepare monthly financial reports that include a budget monitoring report, analysis of the cash books and explanations on variances
Ø Check the month end petty cashbooks ensuring that all bookkeeping and coding is accurate.
Ø Participate in the development of appropriate financial systems and policies and ensure they are fully implemented
Ø Liaise in any audit undertaken
Ø Follow, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting in the FADV accountancy software “My Donor” and the accounting control procedures
Ø Follow, maintain and coordinate the fixed assets record keeping
Ø Supervise the preparation of monthly financial reports
Ø Liaise with internal and external auditors in completing audits
Ø Follow, maintain and coordinate the updating inventory records pertaining FADV and third-parties assets and verify the completeness of the supporting documentation;
Ø To be responsible for preparing and carrying out audits conducted in FADV local office
BUDGET PREPARATION AND PROJECTS’ ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CONTROL
Ø Monitors sound financial management of projects and controls all intermediate and final financial reports to be submitted by FADV local office;
Ø Provides technical support on a correct application of FADV and Donor administrative and financial procedure to the Programme/Project Coordinator, Project Managers of direct managed project, or partner finance staff. Specifically, in this regards:
· Quarterly monitoring of financial reports of all the projects and providing due feedback to the partners
· Preparation and finalization of financial reports, ensuring adherence to the project budget as per the agreement.
· Physical checks on projects to verify existence and status of outputs in relation to reports.
· Review financial records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in all partner organizations
· Physical verification of assets and reconciles with records maintained by the partner organizations
· Assist the Programme/Project Coordinator, Project Manager / Partners in establishing/ reviewing/updating the accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
Ø Manages and supervises the financial movements and funds coming from donors/HQ to concerned projects
Ø Assists in planning, developing and managing all procurement and contractual aspects of projects related to procurement of diverse services and communities (works, goods, services etc.);
Ø Monitor all transactional procurement including cash transaction, tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation, and risk assessment;
Level of studies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
· Holds at least CPA part 2 professional certification.
· At least 4 years work experience as Administration & Finance Officer in an international or local NGO. Previous work experience in an international NGO is an asset.
- · Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills in English.
- Excellent budgetary skills.
- Competence in the use of all commonly used computer software – spreadsheets and other office programs.
- · Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position.
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- · Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn – open to learning new ways of doing things.
- · Professional attitude towards work.
- · Pro-active and results oriented, and friendly.
- · Flexible and adaptable in working with a not-for-profit organization
Employees must sign a Child Protection Policy and a confidentiality agreement, and may not share organizational materials without the express written permission from a supervisor; and
Respect – FADV aims to always show respect and appreciation for our team members and they ask all staff to show the same respect for FADV staff, board members, Partners and all.
How to apply
Application (Cover letter and CV with two references) should be submitted to:
Specifying in the subject “A&F officer – Application.
Expected salary should be included in the cover letter.
Do not attach in this phase ID documents, school or university certificates, or any other unrequested document.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.