Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Number: HR-SRR-01-2021
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Senior Regional Reporter, North Rift in the Editorial department:
Reporting to the Growth Editor, the job holder will be responsible for the coordination and management of the Regional Office’s operations, getting well researched and most up to date regional reports and ensuring that the content meets established editorial objectives, ethics, and house style and that the stories are delivered within set deadlines.
- Being the lead writer in the regional office;
- Generating top stories for the regional editions;
- Generating news ideas, special reports and projects from the region and following-up on running stories;
- Preparing the day’s docket by listing down all the regional story items and submitting the same to the News Editor;
- Assigning reporters, debriefing them on the content they bring back and ensuring that they submit their stories to meet deadlines;
- Editing stories to ensure that there’s accuracy, balance, fairness, legal soundness and that they meet journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style, and filing the complete stories to the Growth Editor within set deadlines;
- Taking responsibility for the content generated and news worthy functions in the regions;
- Managing company resources in the regional office;
- Appraising the staff in the regional office;
- Ensuring delivery of digital content; and
- Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Ability to write complex reports;
- Possess analytical and administrative skills;
- Possess people management skills.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at https://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before February 12, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.