Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School Which seeks to provide students of all background from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
We are looking ideal candidate for the position of Head of Department – Expressive Arts who will provide leadership and management of the Departmental unit across the school for the MYP, and DP Programmes and communicate with the related areas in the Senior School.
Duties and responsibilities
- Exercise leadership as an exemplary role model in subject teaching, professionalism, professional development and administration of the department.
- Develop and implement clear departmental goals consistent with school-wide goals and specific programme and assessment requirements.
- Encourage the development of sound and shared pedagogy amongst the members of the department.
- Acquaintance with the strengths and needs of each member of the department is demonstrated accompanied with appropriate plans ready in time for implementation.
- Carry out a transparent, continuous and well-documented appraisal of each member of the department elucidating both the developmental and performance aspects of each individual.
- Take a lead in the curriculum development and improvement for the various programs offered in the Senior School.
- Demonstrate knowledge and commitment to the development of Expressive Art related subjects in the curriculum, including the infusion of the AK Strands, Areas of Interaction and TOK designed at ensuring a rich and varied curriculum that favours cross-curricular understanding for enhanced and holistic learning.
- Ensure that students receive adequate assessment as required by the various programmes and that internal standardization is properly carried out to validate the results issued by members of the department.
- Generate a goal-based annual budget for the department to ensure it has all the required resources to adequately deliver the programmes offered at the school.
- Collaborate with other HODs in developing a strong team of curriculum leaders.
- Establish clear goals for year level collaboration and for general collaboration in the department, across departments and with the Junior school Teach lessons of Expressive Arts related subject(s)
- A Bachelor of Education or Bachelor’s degree with a teaching qualification.
- At least 4 years of experience teaching Art at IB DP and MYP Level
- Demonstrated ability to run a well-organized departmental meetings.
- Demonstrated interest in developing reflective practice and connections across disciplines.
- Ability to supervise and mentor faculty.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in relating to parents, students and other teachers.
- Good collegial relationships with other faculty members
- Willingness to engage with faculty members across the grade 1–12 continuum.
Job Expires 15-Feb-2021