Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation has been partnering with communities, governments, and the private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, evaluation, and learning.
The USAID and AKF co-financed the Yetu Initiative since 2014, contributing to the self-reliance of Kenyan civil society by building the capacity of Kenyan civil society organizations (CSOs) to engage and catalyze citizen support for their missions. USAID and AKF are both looking to further expand and support civil society in Kenya, through the Kaunti Kuimarisha Uendelevu – Strengthening County Sustainability – Annual Program Statement (APS). The goal of Yetu extension is to “Enhance capacity of Kenyan civil society to catalyze and engage citizen, government and private sector support for county-level development”. Yetu will strengthen the role and capacity of county-wide Local Development Organizations (LDOs) existing local Kenyan entities, and local governments to foster ownership, locally-led development and implementation of sustainable development programs. Yetu will also build the capacity of LDOs and county-level CSOs in community philanthropy to build assets, capacity, and trust in addressing local development and sustainability of local civil society.
Report to: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Manager
- The MERL intern will support data collection, collation, analysis and quality checks for AKF Yetu Initiative through the MIS platforms.
- Collate a database of potential respondents from each of the 5 counties and upload it to Ushahidi Platform in the required format.
- Deployment of short message services from the Ushahidi Platform to the identified respondents in phases as guided by the MERL manager.
- Fast track data collection of responses from the LDO Champions and provide technical backstopping.
- Perform data quality checks to ensure data integrity, timeliness, and completeness before data analysis is conducted.
- Work closely with the LDO champions to ensure social accountability actions are captured and uploaded real time to the DevCheck Platform- Integrity Action.
- Support transcription of data from the recording devices.
- Support Coaches/Mentors in social mobilization data collection, cleaning and storage/filing of information collected.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration with IT or related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience with data entry and quality assessment’s.
- Advanced skills in remote data collection, use of statistical software’s and operating online databases
- Exceptional written and oral English communication skills. Ability to work in Kiswahili is an advantage;
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded will be an added advantage;
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 8th February 2021 to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.