Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall, the CRPM will be responsible for initiating and setting goals for the programme and/or projects according to the strategic objectives of AKF, planning the projects from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, and processes, and developing budgets and operations. S/he will supervise a wide range of projects with the responsibility for the delivery and overall success of each project as part of a coordinated programme portfolio. S/he will supervise project leads and inform management on progress and performance.
- Project and Programme Management
- Lead all aspects of the programme management cycle ensuring high-quality inception, work plans, implementation, and reports that comply with internal and donor requirements and ensure cross-functional collaboration among programme team.
- Ensure all programme/project t funds are fully accounted for and financial reports and documentation are accurate and in-line with project delivery.
- Support programme leads to write all narrative reports and review these to ensure quality and accuracy. Ensure all narrative and financial reports are submitted through AKF’s reporting structure on time and with quality.
- Effectively line manage, hold accountable, and support programme leads to deliver impactful programmes that are coordinated and aligned to deepen impact and collaboration as a programme portfolio meets the needs of the communities AKF serves.
- Resolve programme high scope issues and liaise with the Area Manager to initiate corrective actions.
- Programme Quality, Learning, and Communications
- Ensure the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team has established and operationalise project M&E frameworks and tools within a programmatic strategic framework and deliver high-quality M&E compliant with donor minimum requirements. Ensure all frameworks are gender-responsive and data collection tools are integrated into project activities, not parallel to them.
- Ensure the M&E team effectively establish a high-quality M&E data management system integrating ICT where appropriate. Ensure all data management systems adhere to AKF’s safeguarding and data protection policies.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles to improve the quality of programme implementation.
- Ensure data management system has feedback loops to enable all project staff to access and understand project progress and challenges and promote participatory project planning and reviews.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, lead on ensuring project learning is effectively communicated internally to the project team, AKF East Africa (EA) senior leadership, and relevant technical advisors. Ensure this learning is responding to and promotes gender and social equity in AKFs programming and the broader socio-economic and political ecosystem.
- Work with the Coast Area Manager and broader AKF EA team to ensure programme learning and evidence are being effectively communicated at the local, regional, national, and international levels to inform policy, practice, and broader education discourse, particularly concerning gender politics, social inclusion, equity, and pluralism. This will explicitly include the communities and institutions in which AKF is operating.
- Manage operational partnerships with all implementing partners to ensure the timely and impactful implementation of all interventions and projects.
- Actively seek out and identify partnership opportunities able to increase AKF’s impact and influence on the Coast and in Kenya. Contribute to developing these into funded projects.
- In collaboration with the Coast Area Manager, AKF EA senior leadership, to establish and develop collaborative partnerships with government, non-government, and development partners at the national level.
The successful candidate must have a broad knowledge of programme management principles with a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their direct reports. The key requirements are:
- Graduate degree in social development, international relations, political science, or management. Post-graduate highly desirable.
- Proven experience in managing high impact social programming in challenging contexts. Minimum of eight years of project experience, five in management.
- Proven experience in managing complex and high-impact projects in partnerships with other organisations. Excellent planning, conceptual and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Proven experience in managing diverse budgets and financial management capacity.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and proven experience of delivering programmes that explicitly address these inequalities.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of child and community safeguarding issues and proven experience in operationalising relevant policies and procedures.
- Evidence of drawing on learning and evidence to inform and improve internal project delivery.
- Evidence of developing strong partnerships with government, development partners, and no-government partners to increase impact and influence in practice and policy.
- Strong inter-personal skills and working collaboratively with internal teams and project and non-project partners.
- Strong leadership skills with diverse competencies in an organisation, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and M&E.
Job Expires 13-Feb-2021
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 8th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org