Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust was founded in 1999. We welcome more than 300 children on two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya. The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8 and High School. The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1, 2, and 3.
We have over 45 teachers and staff across both campuses, including academic educators, learning support staff, musicians, games coaches, grounds keepers, full service kitchen staffs, security teams and administration. What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, as increasing demands of modern life and its related social, political, and economic issues require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community which shares the vision of raising and educating children holistically, in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute toward establishing a more peaceful and sustainable world.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa. Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, offering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike. We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees comprised of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community.
They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staff appointments.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The Class Teacher
Application Deadline: 26th February, 2021
Job Purpose: To teach and educate students according to the curriculum and the education needs abilities and attainment of potential of individual students. Teach them how to live healthy lifestyles and encourage them to exercise daily through various sports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Teaching according to education needs, abilities and achievement of individual students and groups of students.
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of student’s to parents and relevant officials.
- Contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to students.
- Complying with arrangements within the national framework for the appraisal of student performance.
- Promoting general progress and wellbeing of students.
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice.
- Communicating, collaborating and consulting with other members of school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Reviewing and evaluating his/her own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme in line with the school and national curriculum.
- Advising and collaborating with other teachers and school officials to prepare and develop courses to study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching in his/her classroom.
- Participating in education and training courses as well as continuing professional development.
- Maintaining order and discipline among students and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Participating in staff, parent and student meetings.
- Ensuring the safe custody, use and periodic maintenance of equipment used during lessons.
- Monitoring attendance of students in class.
- Watch swimming pool and sports areas and ensure safety
- Perform First-Aid when called upon
- Prevent accidents and injuries and ensure necessary precautions are observed to ensure safety
- Enforce all games rules and regulations and adhere to the policies of the sports facilities
- Maintain clean sports facilities for swimming and games
- Inform the Administrator when supplies are needed and if any equipment need repairs
- Swim 1,500 feet every week
- Any other duties assigned
- Must be able to play keyboard, violin recorder and any African instruments
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Bachelors Degree in Physical Education / Music.
- A Diploma will be considered
- Must have a Lifeguard training and First Aid certification
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- A certificate in Waldorf Education is an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years consistent experience in teaching and supervising children in games
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated love for the subjects
- Flexible and open to change.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the position title Games/Music Teacher on the subject line by Friday the 26th February, 2021.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.