Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Nutrition Manager shall be responsible for the overall designing and implementation of a nutrition program that encompasses running of selective feeding program, nutrition surveillance, hospital feeding, and promotion of infant and young child feeding practices, nutrition education and addressing micronutrient deficiencies in the camp.
He/she shall be expected to monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of public health nutrition performance indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the Camp.
- Develop an annual nutrition sector work plan
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of nutrition project activities in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Implement recommendations arising out of joint assessment missions/ reviews with WFP and/or UNHCR
- Conduct nutritional surveillance in the camp based on agreed camp wide methodologies including surveys, process monitoring, LQAS, SQUEAC and other rapid methods.
- Coordinate with other IRC departments and implementing partners to develop training curricula and implementation plans.
- Assist in response and management of any nutrition emergencies e.g. acute food shortages in the camp and participate in the development of disaster preparedness systems.
- Promote infant and young child feeding best practices in the camp.
- Supervise and monitor the hospital patient’s diet including the special diets for chronic diseases.
- Plan and execute nutritional calendar events.
- Oversee implementation and integration of comprehensive growth monitoring program
- Participate actively in execution of operational research in the camp
- Participate actively in annual nutrition surveys in the camp
- Plan and actively involve the community in marking recognized nutrition related days
- In liaison with the Administration department, recruit and maintain a nutrition team in accordance with budget specifications.
- Directly supervise the nutrition team in the camp.
- Build refugee staff capacity to assume more management and technical positions in IRC’s nutrition program:
- Represent IRC in health and nutrition meetings in the Camp:
- Coordinate with UNHCR, WFP other implementing partners and health facilities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the nutrition project.
- Monitor all nutrition program expenditure against budgets;
- Work with logistics team to develop accurate and timely quarterly nutrition orders;
- Recommend grant and budget revisions for the nutrition program to the Health Team Leader;
- Keep Health Team Leader fully informed on nutrition related issues, opportunities and development;
- To coordinate the compilation and timely submit weekly monthly and quarterly reports of the therapeutic and supplementary feeding and other nutrition activities to the Health Team Leader.
- Adhere and uphold the IRC code of conduct at the respective work areas of work
Key Result Areas
- Successful implementation of annual nutrition sector work plan as per the proposal targets.
- Monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of public health nutrition performance indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the camp.
- Promotion of mother infant and young child feeding best practices in the camp.
- Monitor all nutrition program expenditure against budgets and ensure an appropriate burn rate.
- Ensure steady supply of all the nutrition program supplies.
- Ensure nutrition surveillance and assessments are continuously conducted.
- Timely submission of monthly and donor reports.
- Capacity building of nutrition staff.
- Maintain nutrition team as per the budget specifications.
- Represent IRC in nutrition meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition; Master’s in Public Health Nutrition added advantage.
- Experience in designing and implementing nutrition surveys and other methodologies,
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages such as SMART, SQUEAC, STRATA and basic data analysis skills.
- Experience in managing a nutrition program among refugee/ displaced populations an advantage.
- Working in resource poor environment and complex emergencies.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.