Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IRC is seeking a Supply Chain Assistant based in Nairobi for a Euro 30 Million five year, urban livelihoods program: Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (RE:BUILD). The RE:BUILD program is funded by the IKEA Foundation and will be implemented in Kampala and Nairobi. The IRC is the Lead Partner and will coordinate a consortium of local and international partners to deliver the program. RE:BUILD seeks for urban refugees and vulnerable host residents to achieve economic self-reliance and benefit from strengthened urban economic, regulatory, and social environments. RE: BUILD will aim to enable change at varying levels, from better access to livelihood opportunities and inclusive services within communities to improved refugee-related policies and more targeted and effective service delivery from national, regional, and global actors. Key features of RE: BUILD’s approach include flexible funding, adaptive design and knowledge, and evidence generation.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Manager in delivery of all supply chain functions in Nairobi office.
Procurement and Logistics
- Understand, implement and maintain IRC standard procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Receive and update in BvA system all fully authorized Purchase Requests in timely manner.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers by preparing and submitting Request for Quotations (RFQs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Monitor supplier performance and follow-up with suppliers on quality issues and timely delivery of goods
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time
- Establish and maintenance ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Utilise the online BVA system for Procurement tracking and documentation.
- Processing of payments on timely manner including Accommodation.
- Provide a timely response to field/requestor with an acknowledgement or an update
- Filling procurement documents.
- Preparing service and casual contracts.
- Following up with the Clearing Agent on all KRA, customs Department documents
- Maintain vendor/supplier files.
- Proactively provide feedback and updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Perform other duties, as appropriate or requested by Supply Chain Coordinator/Supply Chain manager/Supply Chain Officer
- Any other duties Assigned.
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain management/Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field prefered
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.