Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT – FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Maliasili is a fast growing, exciting organization that is taking a different approach to driving
conservation impact in Africa. We find the best African conservation organizations and make them
better by building their capacity and improving their performance. Our partner portfolio includes
some of the most well-respected organizations in East and Southern Africa, working at the forefront of
conservation across wildlife, forestry, and marine resource management. Specifically, the work of our
partners includes, anti-poaching, carbon sequestration, community and indigenous land rights, and
developing new enterprises and sustainable business models within natural resource value chains.
Since its founding in 2011, Maliasili has built a growing portfolio that works across roughly 50 million
hectares of critical landscapes and ecosystems in four countries. We have helped our partners generate
or leverage more than $4 million in funding for their work; developed a growing set of tools to help
improve their work; and supported many of our partners to significantly grow their impacts in the
field. Our goals are to build a portfolio of Africa’s best local conservation organizations, help them
collaborate and learn from each other, and to scale up their work on the ground and their leadership
capacity within the conservation field.
Maliasili continues to develop and learn as an organization, and will continue to grow our portfolio,
investments, and impacts. Thus, we are looking to expand our team. We are now accepting
applications for the Assistant – Finance & Administration position to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2021.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Assistant will support the day-to-day coordination of finance and administration for Maliasili’s
international operations. The Assistant will report to the Coordinator – Finance and Administration
and work closely with the finance and admin team to support operations in Kenya and the United
States and our growing team across East and Southern Africa. Responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to:
• Perform daily accounting tasks, including maintaining the petty cash account and accounting
files, recording daily transactions and cash reporting, and submitting receipts and expenses.
• Prepare payment for accounts payable, including writing checks, at the direction of and with
approval from the Coordinator.
• Perform monthly accounting tasks, including downloading credit card and bank statement
and time records, and recording leave (paid time off).
• Assist in production of cash flow reports, quarterly and annual budgets, and forecasts.
• Manage Quickbooks accounting system (data entry, bank reconciliation, reporting) and
Receipt Bank system.
• Ensure accounting policies are enforced and assist in the implementation of internal and
external audits by making sure the books are up-to date and accurate
• Maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and control procedures.
• Enter revenue data into the donor database.
• Manage general office, including maintaining office supplies and coordinating logistics for
meetings and events.
• Support processes for contract and grant management, including preparation of payment
requests, reporting forms, and updates to the administrative timeline with relevant deadlines.
• Maintain personnel files and coordinate relevant HR forms for onboarding new hires, annual
contract renewals, appraisal forms, and compliance.
• Complete periodic reports regarding organisation operations to ensure deadlines are met in a
Skills & Experience
• 3-5 years of experience in an office setting with a concentration in accounting and finance,
preferably with an NGO.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and complete work thoroughly and
• Strong knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting platform.
• Outstanding ability to manage multiple processes in a dynamic environment, prioritize, multitask, and deal with problems adaptively and with a sense of humor.
• Comfort working autonomously and experience working remotely.
• Team player willing and able to adapt to the needs of a dynamic and growing organization.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
• High level of personal integrity.
• Reliable, trustworthy, and hardworking with a desire to improve systems and processes, and a
• Passion for Maliasili’s mission to contribute to the development of organizational excellence
and impact in African natural resource management and conservation organizations.
• The starting, gross annual salary range for this position is US$28,000- $35,000. Actual salary
will be commensurate to experience.
• Maliasili offers monthly health insurance stipends to full-time team members.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Maliasili is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong organizational commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion.