Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 24 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT.
The main objectives are as follows.
- Under the supervision of the Head of New Solutions and Architecture, design and provide support to the IT architectural planning for MSF OCBA, mainly focused in the data domain and processes, supporting the definition of the MSF OCBA data strategy and working towards a global data architecture foundation.
- Actively support other architecture domains planning as well (infrastructure and applications) in accordance with OCBA strategic goals, Projects & IT strategies, MSF OCBA core functions, regulations and policies.
- Carry out the technical design of IT solutions, where new technology or critical architectural changes are introduced. Identify and delivery of innovative solutions, in coordination with the Head of New Solutions and Architecture to enhance the organisation’s technology capability in line with Projects & IT objectives and principles to guarantee that technology acts as a key enabler of organisational improvement and service transformation
- Support the cloud computing adoption and manage migration projects to the cloud in accordance with OCBA cloud strategy. Promote the cultural change for cloud adoption and collaborate closely with other teams to empower the common goals.
The New Solutions & Architecture Technical Referent will work within the Projects & IT Office team, and s/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Head of New Solutions and Architecture.
Main functions, responsibilities and tasks
- Under the supervision of the Head of New Solutions and Architecture, design the data architecture model, as well as maintain and update it regularly, in collaboration and with the support of managers and Heads of Units in Projects & IT and the function / process owners in the organization
- Define, document, as well as regularly maintain and update, data dependencies & data flow diagrams of the solutions, e.g. between source and systems consuming the data, as well as the logical processes and interfaces with other systems
- Support the adoption and development of MSF OCBA Cloud Strategy, based on the implementation plan and particularly for IaaS, leading migration processes from the current infrastructure to cloud IaaS environments, working in collaboration with several teams not only internal to MSF OCBA but also external partners.
- Work with demand managers and project teams regarding new solutions onset, supporting the process of ideation, innovation, proofs of concept and adaptation to OCBA IT architecture. Actively looking for new products in the market or proposing innovative ways of giving answers to identified needs.
- Support OCBA project teams in the design of complex systems that have broad implications for the IT Architecture, ensuring that systems and architecture are compliant and follow IT architecture strategies and policies
- Participate in activities related to the design, development and change management of the IT architecture
- Monitor leading edge technologies and their applicability to identify opportunities for improvement of IT architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
- Develop Proofs of Concept (PoCs) for new technical solutions.
- Develop proper and coherent documentation for processes, procedures and others knowledge assets/tools, ensuring its availability for the team.
- Monitor projects and initiatives of the New Solutions & Architecture area, providing proper reporting on status and related issues for the Head of Unit, other Heads in P&IT and different stakeholders.
- Academic Background: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. French desirable
- Experience in cloud computing platforms. Azure and/or AWS, as well as other relevant platforms in the market.
- Experience in conceptualizing, designing, and delivering end-to-end hardware/software/networking architecture solutions
- Experience as a software/data engineer/architect is strongly desirable
- Solid understanding of distributed systems integration.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies: TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, SCRUM, Agile, PMI framework, PRINCE2
- Experience in NGOs, Humanitarian and Medical organization is an asset
- Data management and integration
- Cloud solutions in Azure
- O365 environment
- IT Infrastructure and Networking
- Big data technologies
- Relational and non-relational databases
Nice to have:
- TOGAF will be highly valued
- Knowledge of Microsoft solutions, SAP or Salesforce
- Knowledge of integration tools.
- ETL tools
- IT Security
- Software/Data engineering
- Programming knowledge
- Cloud solutions in AWS
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People Management and Development
- Position based at any OCBA Hub; Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi.
- Full time job.
- Duration: 3 years
- Annual gross salary + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: May 3rd 2021.
How to apply
- To apply, please, submit your CV and cover letter.
- Closing date: February 24th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.